hogna carolinensis wolf spider

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
ok my wolf spider i brought back from north carolina, turns out to be the biggest species of wolf in america...and she is also really cool...i have her in a plastic tub with cocoa fiber and a rock and a couple folded leaves, anyway, she webbed completely around the leaves, and comletely blocked off all the entrances to the leaves and has been under them for about a month, and i have been putting crickets in there, and then they die, get taken out, new ones, then die, gets a light misting once in a while....well me and my buddy was talking yesterday, and he asked if i have looked under there, and i said no...he said she might be molting...but i figure she would have been done by now, so last night, i took some tweezers and opened it up a little and peeked in....ha ha.....shes got a egg sac....awesome.....he told me they should be good sellers....hopefully they hatch and live....i will try and keep ya,ll informed when the hatching happens....this is a pic of her before....

Last edited:

Arborealis

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Awesome. I'd totally be interested in one when they're big enough to sell. Love this species. One of the only true spiders I'll keep. ^_^

dannyboypede

Arachnosquire
I was reading the first part of the post and i was waiting for you to ask what she might be doing. I was gonna say she was making a sac. Good luck with the slings.

--Dan

loxoscelesfear

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
looks like Hogna aspersa to me which is not much smaller than carolinensis. ventral shot of the spider would be helpful

TomM

Arachnobaron of Pennsylvania
Old Timer
looks like Hogna aspersa to me which is not much smaller than carolinensis. ventral shot of the spider would be helpful
I'd have to agree with this. I think that the carapace pattern doesn't look to match the carapace of an H. carolinensis. Still, an awesome spider and gets to be fairly large for American wolf spiders.

telow

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
yeah that looks to be Hogna aspersa to me as well

neubii18

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I definately think it's Hogna Aspersa.My girl just molted,and looks identical to that one.Good luck on the sack though!