Hobby Lobby display case in Europe

AntoineGJ

Arachnopeon
Hey,
I do want some hobby lobby cases to craft amazing custom made terrariums but i don't know how to do since they don't deliver in Europe (France).
Have some of you be able to get hobby lobby display cases in Europe ? How can I do ?
Thanks in advance.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
You'd be better off getting the glass "cubes" that Europeans get for much cheaper IMO.

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
Hey,
I do want some hobby lobby cases to craft amazing custom made terrariums but i don't know how to do since they don't deliver in Europe (France).
Have some of you be able to get hobby lobby display cases in Europe ? How can I do ?
Thanks in advance.
I agree with @viper69 that the cubes in Europe are great and sometimes even better, but if you were adamant to get Hobby Lobby cases, you could have them shipped from another person in America. Not sure how that works, but I am sure it's legal :D

AntoineGJ

Arachnopeon
I agree with @viper69 that the cubes in Europe are great and sometimes even better, but if you were adamant to get Hobby Lobby cases, you could have them shipped from another person in America. Not sure how that works, but I am sure it's legal :D
Do you have some names / links of these cubes? I'm searching hard for a few days and I can't find something good

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
Do you have some names / links of these cubes? I'm searching hard for a few days and I can't find something good
Here you go: this is just the page they have on their site. It doesn't seem to be a seperate brand, so I would doubt you finding it anywhere else besides an Amazon/Ebay or Craigslist. Btw, they are the ones in the blue/black boxes. These (I think) are all the sizes they have :D

http://www.hobbylobby.com/search/?text=Display+case

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
A word of caution regarding shipping third party.

Companys that rely on mass sales often avoid shipping to countries that have trade restrictions, tariffs or other penalty fees. It is an extra headache they simply want to avoid. Even the most up to date information can get their products shoved off to the side by customs until some additional cost gets paid.

If you have a restriction like company X unwilling to ship to Europe so you get a third party to ship the goods, you may end up with double or triple the import taxes and tarfiffs.

I have encountered this problem many times in the past. The most blatant and never properly explained example: A publisher refused to ship some books here to Thailand. So I had an academic resource ship me the books. Bottom line, a $26 Paramedic manual. I got the message from customs to pick up my book. $72 additional costs had been attached. Thailand had a quota of publication imports. Once the quota was exceeded, all printed matter was handed this excise tax.

Thus it is pretty easy to see why some companies simply refuse to ship to certain locations and those locations aren't about to let things slip through third party.

Or a flat out blatant royal shaft. Vehicle in India sells for $2500. Same vehicle in Thailand, >$10,000. Does it compete with locally made vehicles? No. It competes with an agreement the various vehicle manufacturers, Honda, Toyota, Nissan etc. have reached with the local government in order for them to build their vehicles in the country.

Last edited:

AntoineGJ

Arachnopeon
Here you go: this is just the page they have on their site. It doesn't seem to be a seperate brand, so I would doubt you finding it anywhere else besides an Amazon/Ebay or Craigslist. Btw, they are the ones in the blue/black boxes. These (I think) are all the sizes they have :D

http://www.hobbylobby.com/search/?text=Display+case
I just said that I can't order on Hobby Lobby because they don't deliver in France. But thanks anyway :)

keks

Arachnobaron
I ordered this one here:
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B0014C8DU2/ref=pe_3044161_189395811_TE_dp_1
And I hope, it receives tomorrow. It is the only acrylic enclosure with aN acceptable price without horrific shipping costs to Austria, I found. I think, it is the same enclosure that @user 666 has?
The broken edges are usually not my favorites, but others are far more expensive.
It is not easy, to have a hobby beside the mainstream in Austria :shifty:.

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
I ordered this one here:
And I hope, it receives tomorrow. It is the only acrylic enclosure with aN acceptable price without horrific shipping costs to Austria, I found. I think, it is the same enclosure that @user 666 has?
The broken edges are usually not my favorites, but others are far more expensive.
All the display cases in the DIY link from Hobby Lobby are manufactured by Pioneer Plastics. You have to buy them by the case but they may ship to Europe. The one you purchase from Amazon DE are the same. Check out the links for complete PDF instructions on the conversions. Good Luck.

DIY
http://arachnoboards.com/threads/cheap-enclosure-8-16-9-x4-x4.280587/

Pioneer Plastics
https://www.pioneerplastics.com/shop/display-case/toy-cases/mini-helmet-display-case/

boina

Lady of the mites
Yes, you can get acrylic enclosures in Europe as all the links showed but: glass enclosures are about half the price and you can get them in larger sizes.

keks

Arachnobaron
Yes, you can get acrylic enclosures in Europe as all the links showed but: glass enclosures are about half the price and you can get them in larger sizes.
I was looking here for glass terrariums, and the cheapest I found was in a gardencenter and had the measure 20x20x20 cm for 45 Euro! This is not cheap :zipit:. The acrylic-box I ordered has the measures 23,4cm x 11,7cm x 12,0cm for 15,95 Euro.
Some years ago there was a glasser who made terrariums and aquariums. But he doesn't exist anymore.

boina

Lady of the mites
I was looking here for glass terrariums, and the cheapest I found was in a gardencenter and had the measure 20x20x20 cm for 45 Euro! This is not cheap :zipit:. The acrylic-box I ordered has the measures 23,4cm x 11,7cm x 12,0cm for 15,95 Euro.
Some years ago there was a glasser who made terrariums and aquariums. But he doesn't exist anymore.
I just bought 20x20x40 glass terras with cross ventilation for 20 Euro in Hamm...

user 666

Arachnobaron
I ordered this one here:
Not the same size as what I use, but that is the same manufacturer.