Hmmm weird patch on my Rosea

DawgPoundSound

Arachnopeon
Wondering what this patch is on the back of my large Rosea. Possible premolt maybe? Yet she's still eating like a monster. But she is digging alot and webbing huge clumps of dirt around her enclosure, near the burrow. But as far as the patch I looked and didn't see movement like possible mites. Just a patch she's had since I purchased her. Sorry for bad pic. Camera isn't worth a darn.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Its called the mirror patch.. Not a sign of premolt..

DawgPoundSound

Arachnopeon
Thanks Redneck. The other guy if you want to continue to be of use keep the dumb comments to yourself. I asked a simple question like many others do. My other Rosea doesn't have the mirror patch so I was just wondering what it was on her.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks Redneck. The other guy if you want to continue to be of use keep the dumb comments to yourself. I asked a simple question like many others do. My other Rosea doesn't have the mirror patch so I was just wondering what it was on her.
Your question was quite simple..

The "dumb comments" that you are saying Richard has offered are not so "dumb".. He was simply offering you the answers to your question..
They might not be the answers you want to hear.. Because what he is offering is the search function.. ;)

DawgPoundSound

Arachnopeon
We don't need *Search Function* offered for every question imaginable. Otherwise there would be no need for this Site at all. As I've stated, it wasn't necessary and seems to be the norm around here. And yes it was dumb as far as I'm concerned.

rbailey1010

Arachnopeon
Please do not start this up AGAIN!

If you want help, then take it...

if not, then dont make posts.....how do you expect people to react after the last thread you made.....what was it 160 posts over something ridiculous

Redneck is correct, it is called a mirror patch. When the abdomen turns dark, that it a sign of premolt as well as sluggish behavior and refusal of food.

We dont mind helping anyone here. The search bar is a pretty good reference to use when need be so when someone recommends using it you might take their advice

DawgPoundSound

Arachnopeon
Please do not start this up AGAIN!

If you want help, then take it...

if not, then dont make posts.....how do you expect people to react after the last thread you made.....what was it 160 posts over something ridiculous

Redneck is correct, it is called a mirror patch. When the abdomen turns dark, that it a sign of premolt as well as sluggish behavior and refusal of food.

We dont mind helping anyone here. The search bar is a pretty good reference to use when need be so when someone recommends using it you might take their advice
All most of you do is *search function* this or that because you have nothing constructive to say. Just leave. Don't tell me what I should take or not. If someone responds unnecessarily, I'm going to let them know. If you don't like it don't post under this thread. Works both ways. I'll just stick to friends in IM too many extreme hypocrites on this site.

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
All most of you do is *search function* this or that because you have nothing constructive to say. Just leave. Don't tell me what I should take or not. If someone responds unnecessarily, I'm going to let them know. If you don't like it don't post under this thread. Works both ways. I'll just stick to friends in IM too many extreme hypocrites on this site.
there is nothing wrong with using the search function. it keeps the boards from getting clogged with generic questions (streamlines things, i guess in a sense) and allows more complicated problems to actually get the time they deserve on the site. also, rather than parroting information and peddling it secondhand, it offers us a way to get the answers we need from a reliable source.

stop being lazy and stop playing boo-hoo because were so "mean" and "elitest" for telling you to use it.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Dude.. The search function is very constructive... Why do you always feel someone or everyone is out to get you when they tell you to use the search function?

This is a website.. Not a conspiracy... :rolleyes:

Dont get so uptight about everyone comments.. Remember.. This is a public forum.. If you post.. Someone might & probably will have something to say.. You might not like it.. It does not mean its a personal attack..

rbailey1010

Arachnopeon
Seriously

Big difference between fact and truth

Get over it and be apart of this forum instead of causing problems everytime you make a post and someone makes a recommendation.....

Its like you are bored and find things to post just to do it........

Friends? I find that funny because everytime you make a post, you get assaulted like Normandy Beach.........

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Come on people, in all fairness, its not thet easy to tell the difference between advice and a deaththreat!

rbailey1010

Arachnopeon
I agree if it was a first time but this guy has repeatedly gotten into arguments with people that carry a lot of experience and credibility with them....

Its ridiculous..........

I try to be fair and treat everyone equal but why should I when this guy doesnt respect anyone on this forum.....

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

Greetings Dawg, hope you are doing well today and can keep that attitude in check this time. You get lots of the old timers here giving you the answer of using the search function, because it is THE best answer to most normal questions. You will not only get the answer to your question, but many different opinions and ways to look at the answers to allow you to make an informed decision on the care of your own pets. If you choose to just ask your questions here in chat, then you are mainly going to get newbies such as yourself answering your question. That is not always a bad thing, but I find the threads from 3 years ago and back seem to contain more informative posts. If you don't want to use the search function, there isn't a single person that is going to come to your house and force search you. ;) Just understand that everyone that is giving you that advice is giving you the best advice they can offer and see it for that, not an insult aimed in your direction.

With that said, I will second the mirror patch answer. :D

Welcome to the boards, I hope this thread is more pleasant than the last.:)

Ictinike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Edited my original response..

I guess I find it hard to believe that someone who's posted as you have in the recent past would have an idea of basic anatomy and this is precisely why the search function is stated over and over.

It's my bad and I apologize for the post but not for the fact that I don't like you. It's OK though we don't have to enjoy each others company nor cuddle close I simply will now not respond to any of your posts or threads which will make it both simple for you and I to agree to disagree.

Again I apologize outwardly and admittedly..

MIC

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Seems that many of us forget that the forum is mainly a communication mean and secondly a knowledge source. If I would only receive information is enough an internet search and /or a good book.

I think most of us try to communicate even if the answer to our question is obvious or answered hundreds of times.

So in front of a such question, is better to answer politely or non answer at all if this bother us, instead of attacking the poor quy who dared to ask such a 'common' question. On the other hand of course the search function is an excellent tool, but let it be the second advice after our first answer.

MIC

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I don't know, may be you know better what is going on with his practices, but I don't have enough time to investigate the history of someone who is posting here. Moreover, there is nothing good to take away from such an approach. The most you can have is quarrel and a lot of waste space against the initial intent to minimize space by using the search function. So I insist that is better to give some answer regardeless the sort of the receiver

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm not gonna bother too much with this thread, but the problem most people have with the OP is that when someone gives him advice/share their experience, and he doesn't like the advice, he gets superdefensive. Tommy gave a straight to the point answer, and he said he was wrong. The other poster gave links and information on how to read more about the subject, and the OP was flat out disrespectful. THe issue I personally have with him, is that he doesn't want to learn, or listen to people that know what they're talking about.

He does not want advice, he wants to cause trouble.

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
On the other hand of course the search function is an excellent tool, but let it be the second advice after our first answer.
Adding helpful information about how to use it(advanced search, use quotes, search in the Tarantula section. If you need a specific species or problem/question search by titles), or where the sticky is that they can read to learn that way, is also helpful. Unfortunately even that is sometimes met with defensiveness. Some of us just take after their Ts......... I know I have a fairly sedentary lifestyle and I think I get it from my A. purpurea!;) I do agree with this statement, so I am giving it a +1. :D