Hissers wont eat.....

ScorpZion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hello all i have been goin crazy trying to get my hisser colony to eat. carrots grain, ripe fruit nothing will work. any suggestions

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
is it cold where you are at?

have they ever eaten for you?

are they new?

8+)

Arachnolord
Old Timer
is it cold where you are at?

have they ever eaten for you?

are they new?
Good questions.

Also are they not eating, or not eating as much as you think they should? Because mine seem like they should eat more than they do, but they do fine anyway.

bugmankeith

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I feed my roaches moist white bread and sliced bananas as treats, not as a main diet. Try these to see if your roaches will eat. If they do than mabye you need to vary their diet.

Do you mist their cage, I mist mine and they drink the water droplets that accumulate on them and the tank wall.

spydrhunter1

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Mine go crazy for shredded carrots but won't eat them any other way. Bananas I wait until they have lots of black spots and only remove half the peel. They are also crazy about romaine lettuce but won't eat leaf lettuce.

Aquanut

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Definitely check the temp, mine eat and drink a lot more at higher temps. In addition to the above treats my go crazy for cooked hamburger and leftover meatloaf (don't tell)

bugmankeith

Arachnoking
Old Timer
my go crazy for cooked hamburger and leftover meatloaf

I was going to say that too but I figured everyone would doubt me. Meat is a great protein and almost eliminates cannibalism.

ScorpZion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
ok i will try to anwser all your questions i have had them for over a year, the ambient room temp is 78-84 i have a space heater running in my room at all times. they have completly stopped eating the males are not sparring anymore either..... i used to put a carrot in and they would swarm, now anything i put in there dries up before they eat. i mist a couple times how much is too much mist? i provide those water crystal things in a bowl for them for hydration. i have not gotten a count in a long time but they are housed in a 20 gal tank.