Hibernation??

lbrown6

Arachnopeon
Hi, I am a new scorpion owner and I can’t seem to find this answer. We haven’t seen our scorpion in a couple days and I’m wondering if 1) it’s dead somewhere buried or 2) if my scorpion maybe hibernates? We have an Asian forest scorpion

Eggiess

Arachnopeon
Pretty normal for them to burrow. Especially during the day. They like staying down there for a WHILE.

Albireo Wulfbooper

Arachnoprince
Yep, totally normal. They do tend to spend more time burrowed under certain conditions (if it's a bit drier or cooler than they prefer, or if they are preparing to moult), but even when conditions are optimal and no moult is impending, they sometimes just stay burrowed for extended periods.

coolnweird

Arachnobaron
For context, I haven't seen my scorp in months! I just leave prefilled prey that sometimes disappears, fill the dish, and keep the conditions optimal. My area is really dry currently, so I have a feeling it just prefers the moisture present in it's burrow. It'll come out when it's ready!

lbrown6

Arachnopeon
Thank you!
For context, I haven't seen my scorp in months! I just leave prefilled prey that sometimes disappears, fill the dish, and keep the conditions optimal. My area is really dry currently, so I have a feeling it just prefers the moisture present in it's burrow. It'll come out when it's ready!
thank you! That’s helpful and comforting :)