Hi,,emp color???

Kenny

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi all..:)

My emp scorpling had a "change" done when I saw it last night that I hadn't seen before.
This emp is about an 1 inch scorpling in size and it had this deep purplish color when I got it and now this color was gone and it has turned more black.

Has my scorpling, (probably) done a molt?

Kenny

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Kenny,

Unless your scorpion is very small, it is unlikely that you missed the colour change associated with the moult (usualy towards a lighter colour). The darker black would be the eventual result, but only after several days to a week of hardening up. There are a few possibilities for the colour change -- if it is dramatic then perhaps a moult is going to happen soon?

Could someone with emp experience help out here? I have never actualy seen a P.imperator moult, so I am unfamiliar with the colouration changes involved.

Cheers,
Dave

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Thanks Scott. Okay, Kenny, those colours are pretty much the same as my H.spinifer when they moult. How fast they blacken up will depend on their size and a few environmental factors. Full-grown, it can take a week or more to completely harden, though the colour should return to almost normal in less than a week.

If it is just suddenly blacker than before, that won't be moulting.

Cheers,
Dave

Last edited:

Kenny

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi...

Hi ..:)

Thanx for the answers,,

It hasn't gone from "purplish" to black in "one-day", it has taken some weeks, but my encounters when I have seen the scorpling, has had some time pass in between because it is not so much out in the "open".
I just like it's "hunger-position": Claws straight up along the side of the stone while rest of the of body is hiding.

So probably it was close to a fresh molt when I got it and now it has got more "hard".

The color that is in the pic from mrderanged, ( the dude that rules :) ) is exactly how my emp scorpling looked like 2 weeks ago.

Thanx again for your fast answers, :),,you guys are the best!!!

Kenny