Hi all!

Damnathius

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hello,

I found this forum several days ago, and it seems to be the busiest tarantula forum I've found!

I have been "into" tarantulas since December, when I purchased a 5" Curlyhair. She moulted in February, and is now quite large at almost 6" I would guess... Pretty fat in the butt too.

About 5 weeks ago I got a Rosehair, and she's probably 4" to 4 1/2". She's not quite as reclusive as the Curly, but doesn't web nearly as much either.

Two weeks ago I got an Usumbara Baboon (orange) which is at probably 2 3/4". She was VERY pissed off about getting put in a little container at the pet shop, definitely looking the part of "orange bitey thing" and "devil spider". :) She is quite entertaining as she is a heavy webber/burrower. She seems to be a more active hunter of crickets than the other two, who will most of the time just sit in their hides waiting for food to come to them.

Anyway, that's pretty much where I'm at, and I haven't yet decided what T I want next. :)

Dave

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
welcome!!!

enjoy the new obsession...

you'll soon have 5, don't worry.. we'll see to it, with our pictures and postings ;)

post some pics of your guys!!!!

peace
dave

Jeff_C

ArachnoAddicted
Old Timer
Welcome aboard.

I too got my first Ts in December. There must have been something in the air around that time because anecdotally there seemed to be a rise in T popularity since then in (just my observation).

Jeff

btw, frequenting this forum will undoubtedly increase the number of Ts in your collection.

Damnathius

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have a few pics. :)

Here's "Red", my P. murinus:

And "Charlotte", my Rosehair. The flash changed her colors a bit:

My Curly, "Elvira", has been a little shy. I'll catch her soon. :)

Sean

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
welcome to the forum, nice t you got there, do you know how to sex it?

nemesis6sic6

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
hey welcome

Yeah I'm sure you'll have a great time here. every one is really nice and informative. welcome to the addiction and um your Ts look really sexy. well any ways have a nice day
geo

Damnathius

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks everyone. :)

As far as "sexing" them, I'm not quite sure. Is it if there is only a slit on the abdomen, then it's a female? My pet shop owner says she only orders females, so that's what I'm going on.

sunnymarcie

Celestial Spider
Old Timer
Can you post pictures of the underside of your T's?

Maybe someone can help you figure it out.
Most pet shops do not have a clue.

Welcome to the gang:cool:

Great pictures, by the way:D

AllenG

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
your G.rosea is that a plain ol Chilean Rose or what...i noticed she/he looks blue, if thats just the flash, that's a crazy flash :D

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
its just the flash.

don't worry, i've took a pic of my P.regalis a while back -- talk about electric blue :)

peace
dave

Dafne

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Welcome here, Damnathius :)
Great T's you have got there :D
I hope you will enjoy this forum as much as your new hobby and your spiders :) And be careful... Soon your collection will increase to four and five and six and... =D

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Damn Damnathius, pretty spidies!!! Great pic of the OBT, I just LOVE seeing the undersides of their little toesies, such pretty colors. Ooooo, I better stop the girlie talk, DAMN fine specimens there!!! (By the way, I'm the joker in this deck! :D ))

Welcome to the forum. We like pictures... lots and lots of pictures... you WILL post pictures... your eyes are getting heavy....=D :D )

Damnathius

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Sunny, I'll try to get some pics of the undersides as they present themselves. The only one that climbs on the glass is the P. murinus.

Allen, Dave is right about the flash thing. She is not really that color.

Dafne, I'm sure my collection will grow. I'm considering getting a cute little Pink Toe that has been in the store for some time... I think it needs a home. :)

MizM, certainly you are aware that most decks have two damn jokers. :)

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
beautiful Ts there! welcome to the forums! :) i just joined in May after i conquered my lifelong arachnophoebia. lol. fun eh? i now have 8, er...make that 10 Ts. (two are on order, yay!) i've got pics and stats of all of them on my www.spidertalk.net page except the two ones in transit as of this coming monday. i am so excited i could just faint. ;) (the link to them is in my signature btw)

i also have a 3" G. rosea and 2 B. albo, a 2" male and a 1 1/4" female. all are great and the curlys are especially docile and just wonderful. :)

hope to see more pictures as well, i am obsessive about all of my animals and have a huge photo album but don't torture anyone with it here. (grin) btw, if anyone IS interested in seeing pics of my zoo, send me a PM. ;) (proud smile)

Damnathius

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
You've been in the hobby for a month, skadiwolf, and you have 10 Ts? I guess you like to go in head first! Impressive!

I hope to pick up number four this weekend, but it will have to wait until my wife and I finish the "bench" that we are going to keep all of our enclosures on. She has two Ball Pythons, "Crunch & Munch":