Hey Syndicate!!!!

penny'smom

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Is that all of them? It doesn't seem like very many. Of course, after that vagans, I can't imagine anything else seeming like very many. :p

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Is that all of them? It doesn't seem like very many. Of course, after that vagans, I can't imagine anything else seeming like very many. :p
Pokies don't have that many babies at once, I think the most I have ever had at once from 1 sac was 167, and only 149 made it to feeding slings.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
And they start popping!

17 Days after being laid.

Last edited:

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
That one in the middle looks just like ME!;)

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
There were a few cases of eggs with legs eating un developed eggs, but only three cases total. All the rest of the eggs have made it to eggs with legs. :cool:

penny'smom

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
There were a few cases of eggs with legs eating un developed eggs, but only three cases total. All the rest of the eggs have made it to eggs with legs. :cool:

I find this shot very interesting, because I have seen so many posts where it was stated that the babies won't eat until they are 2d instar. These animals are opportunistic feeders, so it always seemed to me that action, such as seen is this pic, must be taking place.

Thanks Ryan.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Oh it does happen. I have seen it happen with quite a number of species. And I would imagine that the number of these cases would be higher when they stay in the sac together because of the lack of room within the sac.
But an interesting note to mention is this does not happen for long. A few days max then they stop and it does not happen at all through the remaining stages before they become feeding slings.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
True it does. What is amazing is once one latches on like that he/she will not stop till its all gone.

I separated the ones that did this from a few sacs ago, and all of them where males.
I am going to do it again with the three that were seen doing it in this sac and see if I get the same results.

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
PM me when they are ready to ship, I'm filling up the cookie jar with my spare change in anticipation.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
And yesterday they started molting. They should be all done maybe tomorrow.