HEY, Rookie!!

Gail

Arachnopixie
Old Timer
I just read your post about Chris's Creepy Crawlies and I realized that you got your g.pulchra from him and he gets his from Pat and I got my g.pulchra from Pat so that means that our spiders are probably SIBLINGS! Wow, small world - WERE RELATED :D

Gail

Rookie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Family tree

Haha, that's crazy! Who'd of thought I'd have found someone with a s'ling from the same litter (eggsack, I know)
Has yours moulted yet? Mine hasn't, but I'm trying to be patient. Chris had Peso for about a week before he sent it to me, and he didn't moult in his care either. I don't know if he moulted with Pat or not. When do s'lings have their first moult? How soon after? A month, a week?
Do you know how old your s'ling is in months and weeks? I have no way of really guessing, and I've been kind of curious.
How is yours behaving?
This is so fun (even though everyone else probably thinks we're nerds).
Paul

Gail

Arachnopixie
Old Timer
My Onyx (yes, I finally named her, and like your name it can be either sex if necessary) had molted probably a day or two before I got her - the skin was still in the deli cup. At the size of Peso and Onyx they are probably on their 3rd or 4th molt at this time. (Peso is nearly an inch right?) It's really hard to tell age without having an actual hatch date from a vender but I would strongly suspect that Onyx was probably hatched within the past year. If she was fed a lot I would say she hatched out within the last 6 months, if her feeding was restricted, I'd say it could be as much as 9 months or more. I'm going on records that I have kept for growth rates on all of my slings and mine are all power fed so the second guess is the most vauge one since I never let my darlings go long without food.
Onyx is very gentle and laid back. She hasn't even thought about digging a den, sometimes she hangs on the side of her yogurt cup but most of them time she just sits patiently in the middle of it waiting for me to give her food. The odd thing is that I have NEVER seen her actually grab the food, and even at her size she gets all flighty if I give her a live cricket and it starts hoping around so I pre-kill 1/2" crixs for her. They are always gone when I go to feed her next so I know she is eating even if I don't see it.
This IS fun - I'm proud of my nerdom :D

Gail

Al Muoio

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi, I was wondering if that place Chris's Creepy Crawlies has a web site. I wonder if she has anymore G. pulchra. How to get one?

Chris

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
She?! Jeez... now I have heard it all LOL

Yes I have a webpage... it is:

http://members.rogers.com/creepy-crawlies

You are from the states though aren't you? I am sorry I don't ship there as I am in Canada... but I am sure Pat at Regal Reptiles can either help you or hook you up with a local dealer.

Take care!

Gail

Arachnopixie
Old Timer
First thing, I wouldn't call Chris a she - I'm fairly certain it's a he :D
Second, Chris deals with Pat as his wholesaler and I know that Pat recently had g.pulchras in both 1" and new baby sizes. Contact Chris and tell him what you want and I'm sure he can get a hold of Pat who will hold onto one for the next time Chris comes into the states.

Gail

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Originally posted by Chris
She?! Jeez... now I have heard it all LOL
Perhaps it's because you're so feminine, Chris :D

Cheers,
Dave

Rookie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Chris' masculinity

I dunno..he sounded pretty masculine on the phone.
Paul