Hey just realized my scorpion is a female. Woke up to babies. My question is do i need to feed mom?

Wcgrl

Arachnopeon
Just woke up to see babies lol. Didn't even realize she was pregnant. How long do I need to wait to feed mom and do I need to separate scorplings after they leave mom?

RMJ

Arachnosquire
What species? Pictures of her and the enclosure / details on temps / humidity / general feeding schedule - do not take any pics if she has literally just stopped giving birth as this will cause stress.

Definatley do not attempt any feeding just yet.

Oh and Congrats on your first post and mini scorps :)

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
Just woke up to see babies lol. Didn't even realize she was pregnant. How long do I need to wait to feed mom and do I need to separate scorplings after they leave mom?
You're lucky! Now you are an arachno-godparent (I guess, since you own the scorp ;)) Just wait a while, possibly a few days. I could only guess it is something to the effect of an emporer or heterometerus sp. She probably gave birth overnight, so just wait and then feed. She will eventually feed the babies I believe. Like RJM said, it all depends on conditions and sp.

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congrats! Leave her be if possible and dont feed her until her young molt completely to second instar. Continue misting as usual, perhaps even increase it. Just try not to disturb momma. Good luck!

Pipa

Arachnoknight
I always fed my " mothers " one cricket after the second week of giving birth and didn't feed her again until week three or four. I've never had any issues.