hey i got a question about my MM h lividum

clowns94

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ok was up everyone this is probably normal but i have a mature male h lividum and it hasnt made a single web at all i thought h lividums were web freaks and burrowers does anyone have any ideas thanks

shanebp

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well how long have you had the spider? Sometimes it can take a tarantula days, weeks, and even months to settle in to a new encloure and do what it does best. Also, every tarantula is different, even if it is the same species. You might have a H.lividium that doesn't web as much as someones elses H.lividium. Patience is my best advice..

Mez

Arachnoknight
Has it had its ultimate molt?
Ive never bred this species, but if so i would presume by now hes more interested in roaming to find a girl.

clowns94

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
well it is purely mature cause of the hooks so yeah that probably the reason but it hasnt made a sperm web yet so idk

Mez

Arachnoknight
Don't lividums need a cooling period? Might just be something i've read that though, good luck though and make sure you take plenty of pics!

clowns94

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
will do ....

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

what is a cooling period

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My MM lividum just sat there....for months...no webbing whatsoever...

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
LOL nice! Im gonna have to get me one of these holes one day...
The only time I have broken a sweat while rehousing and pairing a T was with our 6 inch female lividum.It is the only spider we have had that actually makes me nervous due to its combination of size,speed,and flat out attitude.Something that size flying out of a hole will give the ol heart a workout...

shanebp

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The only time I have broken a sweat while rehousing and pairing a T was with our 6 inch female lividum.It is the only spider we have had that actually makes me nervous due to its combination of size,speed,and flat out attitude.Something that size flying out of a hole will give the ol heart a workout...
Haha, I bet! How did you manage to re house it? Which method did you use? As for me I only have new world species and only one with any additude (P.irminia) which I might add is the devil reincarnated. I've been thinking about getting into some old worlds because they are seriously such incredible looking animals as you already know.

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
We coaxed it into a 32oz deli cup.Was not easy,and the better half and I jumped backwards and screamed like girls at least a half dozen times...It just sat there,and BAM!!!!!!! ,it would come flying at you.It put its fangs THROUGH the cup a few times as well..That was interesting now that I think about it....Part of me wants another one,but the sane side of me says no.The only times we ever saw it was when it was flying out of a hole AT us during feeding......This particular girl was as bad as an OBT having a bad day,or any pokie I have ever run across....Actually,I would rather deal with a pokie.......

shanebp

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
We coaxed it into a 32oz deli cup.Was not easy,and the better half and I jumped backwards and screamed like girls at least a half dozen times...It just sat there,and BAM!!!!!!! ,it would come flying at you.It put its fangs THROUGH the cup a few times as well..That was interesting now that I think about it....Part of me wants another one,but the sane side of me says no.The only times we ever saw it was when it was flying out of a hole AT us during feeding......This particular girl was as bad as an OBT having a bad day,or any pokie I have ever run across....Actually,I would rather deal with a pokie.......
Wow, that really sounds fun /sarcasm lol. I can't believe it actually put its fangs through the cup a couple times. You really need to get someone to take a video next time you rehouse that sucker lol. I wanna see the screaming like a girl part too ahaha. :) In all seriousness though, that sounds like a pretty rough rehousing, I don't know how much worse it can get then that (besides a mad dash escape).

If I decide to get into old worlds, I might start with an OBT. Seems like a decent way to go.