Hey Botar! Or anyone else that keeps C. fimbriatus...

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
I noticed in The Goliath birdeater thread you mentioned your C. fimbriatus just molted. Is this it's first molt in your care? if not, what was the size change during the last one? Mine went from just over an inch to about two inches. I was astounded by the difference in size. Also, some time back I think you mentioned that it was making quite extensive burrows. Mine was left in the open vial it came in, which had three burrows, all linked together in a cave at the bottom. In the last week, it has begun to dig into the new substrate in the Kritter Keeper, and almost link that burrow with the other one. I am hoping to be able to remove the vial altogether within a few weeks, if I see it staying in the new substrate more often. (It's getting old explaining why I keep a tank filled with dirt and a vial to people)

Anyways, just curious as to your (and others) experiences with these fellas.

Bill

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm at work right now and I'd have to check my records to be sure, but I think this was the second molt under my care. It was probably just over an inch before the molt and I've not seen it since it molted... I can just see the exuvium in one of the tunnels. It has constructed a large "U" shaped tunnel right up against the side of the container. (One of those beta fish containers from the pet store) Unfortunately, since it has lined the tunnel with webbing, I can't really see through it. I know someone else has a C. fimbriatus purchased around the same time from Swifty, but I'm not sure who. I was thinking it was Galeogirl, but for some reason she just seems to come to mind often... not sure why.

Botar

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well, I think the Galeogirl thing was just another one of those moments... I did a quick check and the others I could find with the C. fimbriatus are: LaRiz, MrD, and VI6SIX. It was VI6SIX that I'd been talking to about them. Galeogirl was the one I was talking to about the L. parahybana's.

Botar

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi and I have one that was a 1/4" when I got her. She was a second or third instar and has already molted once and is now 1" and we do believe by the way she isn't eating that she is getting ready to molt again. I was really surprised by the size difference of her after the molt and I now believe what I was told about the quick growth of them.

Haploman

ArachnoEarthTiger
Old Timer
hey

Wassup,
anyone have a adult male C. Fimbriatus if so I need one. my adult female needs a mate. I heard of that happening goin from 3/4 inch to 2 inches my 2 slings are 1/2 inchers anyway but waiting on the one to molt.

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
How often do you Indian Violet owners, actually get to see your beauties? What is their temperment?

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Oh yeah, one more question.

Does anyone think or know that/if this species might actually be a Haplopelma?

How closely related?

Big Dragonfly

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
from what I've seen of mine...

They do grow pretty quick or rather gain a lot per molt and yes they do love to dig. Mine tend to stay in the burrows most of the time and are quick to dart down them if you catch them up on the surface. Both are still small though so I can't really speak on the adult behavior.

Phil

dilleo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I got a couple sub adult females. Just thought I'd make some of you jealous.

-Jeremy

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Originally posted by Big Dragonfly
How often do you Indian Violet owners, actually get to see your beauties? What is their temperment?
In it's current setup, which is a vial sideways on top a pile of dirt, I get to see it halfway out of it's home almost every time I walk in he house. however, with me and my roommate, the dog and whatnot around, I never see it out. As far as temperament, I am still not sure. It is definately very skittish, and by far the fastest thing I've seen yet. It can teleport like no tommorrow. Usually if it catches sight, or maybe air current through it's keeper holes, it's bolted back into it's vial in the space of a few milliseconds.

Still though, I love the way this T looks, and if I had to pick one, and only one, to keep, it'd be it :)

Bill