Heteropoda Venatorias broken egg sac.

Arthur

Arachnopeon
About a week ago I had a bed experience with my Heteropoda Venatoria female.

At first it was all good. But unfortunately her egg sac was a disaster.
And so under the order.
First it has made an egg sac on glass. Ok, that's fine!

Than it started to tearing it off.

But this was not so good idea!

But I thought it will be eliminated by itself.

But I was very wrong. It through all eggs on the ground in a night so that it was clear no incubator will help.
So if you see that the egg sac is broken, guys, just take it immediately away of a female!

Helio

Arachnopeon
Thats a pity man. Hope u get other sac from her
Heterapoda venatoria is so cute !
cya

dragontears

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I had the EXACT thing happen to my H. venatoria. Her second egg sac was laid on the wall of her tank and when she went to tear it off, it ripped open and spilled all the eggs. She ended up eating the sac and laid another one a few weeks later. Do you have a piece of wood in her enclosure? My venatoria has laid all her latest sacs on the under side of a piece of bark and none have ripped open since. Good luck!

Arthur

Arachnopeon
I had the EXACT thing happen to my H. venatoria. Her second egg sac was laid on the wall of her tank and when she went to tear it off, it ripped open and spilled all the eggs. She ended up eating the sac and laid another one a few weeks later. Do you have a piece of wood in her enclosure? My venatoria has laid all her latest sacs on the under side of a piece of bark and none have ripped open since. Good luck!
How do you think, what chances that she will lay a second egg sac without a second coupling?

dragontears

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I do not have a male huntsman and my female has now laid 6 egg sacs in my care. They don't stop after just one! :)

Arthur

Arachnopeon
I do not have a male huntsman and my female has now laid 6 egg sacs in my care. They don't stop after just one! :)
Hah that's a better news! Thank you. Today I'll try to find some wood and a larger terrarium. I hope she is loaded enough. =)

Last edited: