Heteropoda lunula sling care

PIaf94

Arachnopeon
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Got a couple of these guys and have them in the most basic setup. Coco fiber, a piece of bark, enough vent holes to keep humidity but with good airflow and a fruit fly every day or two. Anyone else got experience raising Heteropoda slings or huntsman spiders in general?

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
I asked the two in the corner but nothing helpful was mentioned. Maybe they only speak Thai. Khun sabai dee? Sprechen espanola?

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Looks good to me. As long as they have good humidity and a little bit of airflow they should be fine. Fun species to keep!

obie

Arachnosquire
How are the slings doing I've been thinking about purchasing a few of them. Have they been difficult to care for so far

PIaf94

Arachnopeon
How are the slings doing I've been thinking about purchasing a few of them. Have they been difficult to care for so far
Sorry for the late reply. I'll post an update soon with pictures. From the 20 I originally had half of them have succumb to random deaths which is expected from this species. They are really delicate when young but as they grow, they get hardier. The ones I have left are doing really well. Already feeding from fruit flies to small crickets, and showing adult colors!

obie

Arachnosquire
cool thanks for the reply. i have been looking to purchase some nobody has them. where did you buy yours if you dont mind

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I had that issue with mine too. Very small slings tend to randomly die, but once they molt a few times they're pretty hardy.