Heterometrus swammerdami

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Just got these today, wish me alot of luck with them. The pic looks like crap but they will not sit still

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
How did you manage to get those?! Congrats:worship: . Be really nice if you can breed them .....a lot later:D

Mark Newton

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Isnt that meant to be the biggest species? Hard to come by are they? Good luck too.....:D

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Thanks and yes they are supposed to get really large. Right now my largest sp are a pair of Heterometrus longimanus and I cant imagine something getting bigger than they are LOL

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Congrats Brian. I'd love to get my hands on some of those scorpions. It's like the P.metallica of scorps, well kinda. Which one would you say is rarer? I'd probably say H.swammerdami, just because I don't hear of them much.

Anyways, how many did you get?

hamfoto

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
yeah, they're suppossed to be monsters...like P. dictator...they'll eat small dogs if given the chance.

Chris

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
common name is land lobster or something close, right?

oh and you is a lucky bugger.... H swammerdami are on my list to get but will never have....

moose35

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
come on now bayushi.....brian could probally get 2 fossils to mate if he could get a sexed pair.
just from reading around on here. he seems really good.

bayushi maybe brian will sell you some...hint...hint

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
LOL yes I hope someday I can breed them. I dont even know if I have a sexed pair or not. They are supposed to grow slow and I know they have a loooooong gestation of around 1 year.
If I can pull this off, they will be in the hobby to stay so keep your fingers and toes crossed :)

xVOWx

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My toe is cramping... and people think I keep flashing gang signs :(

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I think it was H. trog was the longest scorp and H. swammerdami is supposed to be the largest in grams.

Scorpfanatic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hi brian,

i lost 2 youngs for no reason (i suspect is over humidity) already and i now still have 2 2nd instars :p~ hope fully i can really wait through it till they grow! hahaha

good luck with them too! don forget to share experoence about them!.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
hi brian,

i lost 2 youngs for no reason (i suspect is over humidity) already and i now still have 2 2nd instars :p~ hope fully i can really wait through it till they grow! hahaha

good luck with them too! don forget to share experoence about them!.
Hey Walton,
Maybe between the 2 of us we will for sure have a pair. I'm willing to share in order to get these going

Scorpfanatic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yeah sure :) im in too !!!!!! hahahahha

by the way my best bet was a fresh mout 3rd instarm and dead, and another freshmoult 4th, and dead! ARRR!

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
LOL yes I hope someday I can breed them . . . If I can pull this off, they will be in the hobby to stay so keep your fingers and toes crossed :)
Crossed! You'd better post a thread here if and when that happens. Dibs! :D

Thanks and yes they are supposed to get really large. Right now my largest sp are a pair of Heterometrus longimanus and I cant imagine something getting bigger than they are LOL
Neither can I -- I've got a monster of an H. longimanus boreensis, and I'm tempted to take up Mark on his suggestion to get a leash and take her for a walk. {D

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Brain and Mantids, How about some pictures of these monsters?:}