Heterometrus / Pandinus identification needed

arthrotiti

Arachnopeon
I got some 4 inches scorpions ID as Heterometrus Spinifer, but they are not H. Spinifer in my opinion..are they Pandinus V. ?
Or another Heterometrus Sp. ?

I got some photos of the parents, it seems one of them have very big and brown claws..any help would be appreciated as I am not an expert in the scorpion hobby.

Here are some pictures, the one with the cricket is a young one.
Sorry for the poor image quality.

Here are some clear pic i took from a four inches one : Scorpion.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

curtisgiganteus

ArachnoViking, Conqueror of Poikilos and Therion
Old Timer
They are either some Heterometrus or P cavimanus. Your pics don’t show the features needed to positively ID the animal. But here is a useful link that you might be able to use.

fingerlakefeeders

Arachnopeon
Heterometrus, not Pandinus. Chelicerae shape, granulation pattern, setae count. Not P. cavimanus or viatoris. Go to Marshall University, Euscorpius, Heterometrus Identification. That should shed some light.

arthrotiti

Arachnopeon
They are either some Heterometrus or P cavimanus. Your pics don’t show the features needed to positively ID the animal. But here is a useful link that you might be able to use.

Thank you :)

arthrotiti

Arachnopeon
Not the same scorpion.
Of course it's not the same, the two clear pics are mine, of a young one. the dirty pics are from a record the seller made (the parents). Finally, the pic where you can see a scorpion eating a cricket is a young one, also a pic from the seller.

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince

fingerlakefeeders

Arachnopeon
Of course it's not the same, the two clear pics are mine, of a young one. the dirty pics are from a record the seller made (the parents). Finally, the pic where you can see a scorpion eating a cricket is a young one, also a pic from the seller.
I misunderstood. My apologies.