Heterogenous baby

metaldad904

Arachnopeon
Got this little bugger today. I'm told it's an Asian forest. Captive bred. This is it's setup for the moment, let me know how I can improve it. 20160717_151905.jpg 20160717_151849.jpg 20160717_151839.jpg

Angron

Arachnopeon
Heterogenous or Heterometrus? I have a Heterometrus species in a similar setup, though mine is large enough that it needs a larger enclosure now.

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Genus Heterometrus! Its confusing at the start :D

Cute little baby, they're usually really fun to keep, love to dig! However they are a lot more confident when in groups of 3+

Set up looks good - you don't really need the plastic leaves though, at this size they can struggle to find and catch their prey, especially with that kind of plant!
Also you should keep one side of the deli cup damp/wet, IME its the best way to prevent a bad moult!

metaldad904

Arachnopeon
Genus Heterometrus! Its confusing at the start :D

Cute little baby, they're usually really fun to keep, love to dig! However they are a lot more confident when in groups of 3+

Set up looks good - you don't really need the plastic leaves though, at this size they can struggle to find and catch their prey, especially with that kind of plant!
Also you should keep one side of the deli cup damp/wet, IME its the best way to prevent a bad moult!
Thank you! I was trying to make it rather natural for the little one. You just have me am excuse to get more! Hahaha. I'll keep one side damp from now on. I really appreciate the advice!