he's a dead man

Scott C.

Arachnofloater
Old Timer
Kudos on the hairs to the face. I'd think that's enough.

Don't expect very many outside the hobby to ever think that our jewels are more than "just spiders".

Glad to hear you're T's aren't dead.

-Sarah-

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Man, I'm glad all of your tarantulas are alive and okay! Who knows what they might have done or gotten into :mad: Darn potheads.

Take a needle and poke holes in all his condoms. That'll teach him.
Nah... Two words: Irticating bristles :cool: Yeah. Much better punishment!

-Sarah

thedude

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
oh that would be fun putting urticating hairs into some ones condom... but the hard part is doing it w/o him knowing

-Sarah-

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Oh your evil.{D
No, not evil - resourceful :D After all, what on earth will you do with all of those perfectly intact A. geniculata moults? They've got to be good for something, right?

-Sarah

vvx

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
oh that would be fun putting urticating hairs into some ones condom... but the hard part is doing it w/o him knowing
I would be kinda suspicious if I found my condoms had been opened... You'd have to be able to reseal the package somewhere. With poking holes at least you could poke through the wrapper condom & all. (Not that I would recommend doing that, do we really need more jerks in the world?)

kaptinhormone

Arachnopeon
hahaha i am amaaaazed this thread survived as long as it did. i feel that moving out is gonna punish him enough, he's got no money and nowhere to go. this is like the final nail in the coffin between us.

"they're just spiders" my ass... psht.:wall:

Merfolk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
would it be considered attempted murder to replace the contents of a spice jar with a ground-up Brachypelma molt?

kidding, kidding.
Brachy is too mild, go with apophysis!!!!

Ghost13

Arachnopeon
Sorry to hear about all that. You should gather more hairs and put them in his bed! Just beacause they are spiders!

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
So.. is this like a 'bash people that aren't into our hobby?' thread?

Come on, what did the guy do that was so wrong? Apparently, its his apartment too, so he can have a party, and you didn't have the spiders effectively safe from the excitement. To people that aren't in the hobby, (and to the rest of us with a little rational thought) they are 'just spiders'.

You realize that like 6 hours after the event, your spiders couldn't care less. Its over, they don't remember it, and it likely caused little harm to them. (Besides the smithi hanging from the cage, which it shouldn't have had a mesh lid to begin with). Its not like they were getting your cat high or something... or were they? ;)

-Sean

Corranthe

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
So.. is this like a 'bash people that aren't into our hobby?' thread?

Come on, what did the guy do that was so wrong? Apparently, its his apartment too, so he can have a party, and you didn't have the spiders effectively safe from the excitement. To people that aren't in the hobby, (and to the rest of us with a little rational thought) they are 'just spiders'.

You realize that like 6 hours after the event, your spiders couldn't care less. Its over, they don't remember it, and it likely caused little harm to them. (Besides the smithi hanging from the cage, which it shouldn't have had a mesh lid to begin with). Its not like they were getting your cat high or something... or were they? ;)

-Sean
You missed the part about them doing this IN HIS ROOM. I don't care if it is his apartment as well, there are respect issues at play here. Smoking pot and banging around in someone elses personal space is not cool, even if you share the apartment with them. That the pets being scared were Ts instead of cats does not make it okay. His roommate clearly doesn't know the first thing about Ts and has no way of knowing what long term damage he may or may not have been doing to them and clearly didn't care. THAT is the problem. And I would call a rosea sac getting burried "harm".

butch4skin

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Also, trying to get a spider high is just a silly waste of weed. If you don't want to smoke it, save the rent money next time.

butch4skin

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Even trying to get a cat high is ridiculous. They're just as happy with catnip. And less inclined to overindulge on the catfood.

kaptinhormone

Arachnopeon
yeah, the personal space was my big problem. i specifically told him to stay out of the room because of the tarantulas. i was less concerned for the tarantulas at first and more concerned some drunken or stoned partygoer would decide to hold one of them because he saw it on TV once, and that wouldn't have ended up well for someone with no experience OR the tarantula... especially if it was my p. regalis... but they felt necessary to make my room the party spot (its a weird design, the main door in locks but there's also a door into the bathroom from my room, and neither one of the bathroom doors lock... damn low income housing). not to mention one of them could have knocked over a tank, broken my heater or temp guage, there's just alot of things that could have gone wrong. but it's a moot point. i'm going to have my own two bedroom place next monday, and the spare bedroom is gonna be specially for my herps and inverts. no T's were permanantly harmed by the idiots in question, and no idiots in question are laid up with a burning swollen hand because they didn't know what they were doing. it is unfortunate that so many people so tarantulas as "just spiders" though. i try to educate my friends who come over (and whose initial reactions are always along of the lines of "EWW THAT'S DISGUSTING"), and actually have turned a few of them around. one of them who was previously a huge arachnophobe just bought his first T, a chilean rose hair. and i'm going with several more in the next few days to help them as well. i think my jackass roommate got over the "they're just spiders" idea when he got the urticating hairs on his face (several of which headed north right up his nose... i can only imagine how that felt).

i think this post is lengthy and requires several smiley icons to describe it.
:wall: {D :? ;P :)

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
That the pets being scared were Ts instead of cats does not make it okay.
Why oh why do people get so upset about scaring spiders? For goodness sake, you scare them more when you suddenly turn the lights on everyday, come thumping past their cages and pour water in the dish, (which feels to them like a dumptruck pouring chunks of concrete into your frontdoor). But they seem to live pretty fine don't they?

And I would call a rosea sac getting burried "harm".
Yeah, I do agree with you all for being angry, now that I realize they were in his room. If someone came in my room smoking anything they'd need more then the recommended dose of Tylenol to get over the beating.

-Sean