Help!

LaneyKaz

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
need help...my bicegoi has one leg stuck in its exuvium...just the very end of it but i'm having a hard time getting it off...any suggestions???

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Don't bother it. Leave your T alone. It's VERY fragile and you don't want to make it worse. The only thing you can do is up the humidity a little. That might help but like I said. If I were you I'd leave it alone and let it help itself. Patience.

LaneyKaz

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ok...i just misted the other end of the tank and wet a towel in hot water, rung it out good and covered the top of the tank...its nice and humid in there already...hopefully he can manage to get it off on his own :(

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Good. I'll keep my fingers crossed for him. All you can do now is wait and watch. Good luck. The worst thing that could happen is he looses his leg. All Ts can live just fine with out one leg. I know that still sucks but I hope that helps you feel better about it.

LaneyKaz

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
yea, i can deal with him losing a leg, but i really don't want to lose this T...i'm sure it'll be ok, i wasn't too worried about that, just curious if i should try and help him out or let things work out on its own..thanks for the advice.

LaneyKaz

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
thought i would post a pic pf what is going on...so close to having it off but that last little part is still stuck :(

wicked

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
need help...my bicegoi has one leg stuck in its exuvium...just the very end of it but i'm having a hard time getting it off...any suggestions???
If you are really worried the stuck molt is causing a problem, wet a Q tip or soft paint brush and use it to moisten and gently brush off stuck skin. This only works if the spider remains calm. If the spider becomes very stressed or frantic it would be better to leave it alone. Because it is just stuck on a foot, your T may be able to remove it himself when grooming. I would not consider this an emergency.
Good luck.

When did he molt?

LaneyKaz

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ok..so with a little patience i managed to get a Qtip and spray it with water and glycerine and just kept working it over the area and after a bit it softened up and came off...his leg is pretty gimped up from being stuck for so long but hes alive and healthy otherwise so i'm happy! thanks everyone for the advice, i kind of knew what i had to do but it's nice to have the support. enclosed is a pic of him after i removed it..maybe i should name him forrest gump? :p