Help!!!!!

M1201rocks

Arachnopeon
My Rosehair Miss Charlotte is 6 years old. About two weeks ago she wouldn't go into her hide. I investigated and seen there were some sneaky crickets hiding in there. So I removed the hide got them sobs outa there and put her hide back just the way I always have. Why? I even removed some decor and made her a new hide on other side of tank. I just checked on her and still nothing? This just isn't her character.

Cmac2111

Arachnomac
Arachnosupporter
What exactly is the issue? That she won't go into her hide/s? Sometimes tarantulas can take a while to adjust to changes in their environment, so if that's all it is then I wouldn't be concerned. You were right to remove the crickets if she's not eating, then they've got no business being in there.

Last edited:

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
Can you provide some pictures of the T and its enclosure?.Its best to watch when feeding to make sure the T takes 1 cricket at a time.Putting in more prey items,then walking away is a bad idea.Insure the T takes the offered prey items.If not pull the cricket out.Crickets,or any other prey should not be hiding anywhere in the enclosure.

Hardus nameous

Yes, but only on Tuesdays!
Arachnosupporter +
Just as it takes spiders time to settle in it will take time to get used to the changed surroundings.

M1201rocks

Arachnopeon
No that's not it. Her behavior has changed. What if I was wrong in sexin00g and she's a he

Ok pictures this, she's not acting right, this is something we do and she has never had a problem going back into her hide. She sits on my desk she very social and comfortable in her house. What if she is really a he? Six years old acting goofey. Don't males max out around this time? Anyone have any pics of a geriatric male rose hairs?

Picture this, she is very social and very comfortable in her house. Shes never done this in the 4 years I have had her. What if she's a he? Isn't six years about where males max out? She's acting old! Anyone have any pics of geriatric male rosehairs? She means alot to me! If that's the case I NEED TO KNOW?

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Okay so I am not trying to come across as insensitive but it appears you are stressing about behavior that is entirely normal and and also out of your control ie. using its hide. There is nothing you can do to make it do anything it will either do it or not do it. Unless there is something else you are not saying I am not honestly seeing a cause for such alarm here. Can you please post photos of your tarantula and its entire enclosure for us? Perhaps there is something off environmentally in the enclosure we can point you to address. Hope you have a good day.

8 legged

Arachnoprince
So if I understand you correctly, the behavior has changed, not the motor skills or something similar. That would be good and not unusual at all. For example, there are animals that behave passively for years and then, for no apparent reason, become defensive monsters (or vice versa). Don't know if that answers your question, but - sorry for my lack of English - I can't find any specific questions in your request. I don't read anything worrying either.
An adult male of this species would also be spotted by a beginner at first sight, so I suspect it is indeed a female.

DustyD

Arachnoknight
Repeatedly scrolling up and down I have managed to see three pictures briefly. Not sure why. They seem to be from 2021: one a unfinished enclosure, one finished enclosure and the third a molt.

Westicles

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Repeatedly scrolling up and down I have managed to see three pictures briefly. Not sure why. They seem to be from 2021: one a unfinished enclosure, one finished enclosure and the third a molt.
That's pretty much what I saw too