Help!

MetalheadRAM

Arachnopeon
Okay, so I've been surfing the web for about an hour now and I cant seem to find what it is thats on my Tarantulas mouth. Its a little worm thing. White. Too big to be a nematode. She came out to the front of her terrarium, bunched her legs together, and spred her fangs apart, exposing her mouth and the larva hanging from it. When i took the lid off she ran back to her burrow (of course) but I took her out of her burrow and put her in a plastic container to examine her. With a paintbrush i tried to brush up against her mouth to get the thing off, but her fangs were closed and i couldnt get the angle... So here are my questions.

1. What kindof Larve would be comming out/trying to get into my Tarantulas mouth. Its probably about half the size of a grain of rice.

2. I pestered the hell out of my tarantula (B. Albopilosum) with that painbrush trying to get the thing off of her mouth and she still didnt rear up, so i think she would be safe to pinch grab, but ive never done it and ive had her for three weeks (this is my first T). I figure maybe i could get a better angle and get the thing off if i had her in my hand, but i dont know if they move when you pinch grab them, or if i was to brush her mouth while she was pinch grabbed if she would freak out...

Im going to take her back to the pet store tomorrow and ask them if they can tell me what i should do, but i cant sleep knowing my T. is in danger and i could help. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

MetalheadRAM

Arachnopeon
Its not on him today. Hopefully that means that it dropped off and died... I plan on changing out his bedding soon, and i've taken out the air plant that was in his terrarium. Also I picked him up for the first time today. Hes really sweet. High hopes that the thing isnt inside him now...

Nicole

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Did it look like a tiny maggot? It could be phorids. Do you have little grey flies scooting/buzzing around? Is the cage damp or dry?

MetalheadRAM

Arachnopeon
It looked like some kind of parasitic worm really. It didnt seem to have a head, it was pointy on both sides. Maggots from what I know have heads, and look like grubs.

And I keep it pretty dry and mist occasionally, and have never seen flies or any other kind of live thing in her terrarium till this little sucker...