Help!

Kristen

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My bf (TheDon) is working today and our trinidad chevron has molted...she went into the molt around 3:30 and is not out of it...but she is now laying on her back/slide and it looks as though there is a whitish goo coming off some of her legs....I have no idea what (if anything) I should do! Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanx!

Kristen

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I can't tell from your description whether there is a problem or not. You say that she has not come out of the molt, but there is "goo" coming from her legs. There is fluid involved in this process. Is she partially out of the molt?

Last edited:

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My gut reaction would be to just leave her alone. If there is a problem, there isn't a whole lot you can do for her at this time that wouldn't cause more problems. Chances are she's just fine and the fluid you are seeing is normal in the molting process.

Botar

Kristen

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well Mark came home and she now seems fine...she had rolled over again and now appears to be just fine....I guess the "goo" was maybe just moisture from her newly sprouted legs! She was a dark brown before the molt and is now gray...Thanx for the replies...

Kristen

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
Hehe yes she is fine now. Glad she molted cause she was a lazy bugger.

peace

TheDon