help with my g. aureostriata

imspecial16

Arachnopeon
my g. areostriata isnt eating molting or anything. i am hoping to get some advice on what to do. or if i should leave it alone. its been doin this for about 6 months or so. so any suggestions?

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
to help you, we'll need more info:

how long have you had her?
has she eaten before/how much has she eaten?
what temps/humidity do you keep her at and on what substrate?
has she lost weight or does her abdomen look shrivelled?
how old/big is she?
is she wc or cb?

a pic would also help.

not eating/molting can have many reasons, from parasites to overfeeding. aduls also sometimes have enormous premolts times.

imspecial16

Arachnopeon
ive had her for about 1 year and shes only 2-3 inches, she was eating before she stopped. i use reguler beda beast substrate. she hasnt lost weight and she is cb. pics will come soon.

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
she was eating before she stopped
{D

In all seriousness, though? If she hasn't lost weight, I got your answer right now: nothing is wrong! Absolutely nothing at all. Cease panicking and just...chill. :cool: Tarantulas know how to chill, why don't we?

nomadofthehills

Arachnopeon
My 3cm G. auerstriata didn'teat for nearly 3 weeks before it molted. I imagine the bigger, the longer the wait.

Kagekumo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My 3cm G. auerstriata didn'teat for nearly 3 weeks before it molted. I imagine the bigger, the longer the wait.
That's exactly the case. If she looks okay and is as large as you say; she is probably in premolt now. It may take up to a year though. These guys can take almost a decade to mature, especially females

imspecial16

Arachnopeon
okay i had a feeling it might take that long i just wasnt sure. thanks for the info

speedreader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
sounds exactly like my g. aureo. It's about 2" and hasn't molted for 6 months now. Looks hella fat too. I guess it will molt soon.

Nerri1029

Chief Cook n Bottlewasher
Old Timer
NOTHING is done at a rapid pace with G. aureostriata hehe
esp growing

Good luck :)