Help with G. rosea

cold blood

Staff member
Thankfully, I thought she was annoyed by something. I agree, its actually fun to watch her dig and move, but im still worried about the not eating, eventhough she doesnt look skinny at all
If there's one single thing you should never worry about with this species, its not eating. Fasting is the norm. When it does finally start eating, feed on a moderate basis and resist the urge to try to play catch up and pound food into her...this will only perpetuate future fasts.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Just to be clear, the activity you are seeing is not an indicator of any problem whatsoever. Sometimes they just get in those moods for a period of time, then all of a sudden, back to pet rock.

Mine's always really active just before molting, but yours molted 6 months ago...its likely not even close to its next molt. My advice is to just relax and enjoy the extra bit of activity...its actually nice to see this in a rosie once in a while....gets boring seeing it not move for months at a time.
Mine moves more than most but still not all that much comparatively speaking to other species.

Spidermolt

Arachnoknight
Just a random though. you said that you gave her hide to a vinegaroon; did you give that same hide back because it could've sprayed it and now your T is bothered by the fumes (I don't know much about vinegaroons)

Robert123456

Arachnosquire
Just a random though. you said that you gave her hide to a vinegaroon; did you give that same hide back because it could've sprayed it and now your T is bothered by the fumes (I don't know much about vinegaroons)
She has only sprayed twice and it was at my shirt i had another hide laying around. Guess what tho? She ate today!!!! I didnt think she was going to, but she did