help to ID please!!!!

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Vajeovis confusus? That's an absolute guess, but it definently looks like Vaejovidae to me... is it wild caught? If so, where.

You should get some better guesses throughout the day though. :)

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Vajeovis confusus? That's an absolute guess, but it definently looks like Vaejovidae to me... is it wild caught? If so, where.

You should get some better guesses throughout the day though. :)
look at the carapace. it is a buthid of somesort. also, it lacks the telson structure and 4th metasomal notch of a vaejovid. My best is going to be buthus occitanicus based off the well defined lyre shape on the carapace and overall shape/color. but there is a very good chance im off on that too.

John

Deolok

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
What is it's size and I guess we should know if it is WC...

kahoy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
look at the carapace. it is a buthid of somesort. also, it lacks the telson structure and 4th metasomal notch of a vaejovid. My best is going to be buthus occitanicus based off the well defined lyre shape on the carapace and overall shape/color. but there is a very good chance im off on that too.

John

buthus occitanicus too for me
:)

icefish

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
thx all, i have no idea they are wc or cb, i think they are wc, and they are 1.5' in size. any more idea??????

Nazgul

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hi,

that´s Buthus for sure but impossible to tell the exact sp by those pics. Did you measure them from carapace to end of tail? It´s most likely a wc as Buthus spp are rarely sold in bigger instars cause most Buthus spp are growing pretty slowly for buthids.

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
the only reason that i say occitanicus is just based off the fact that it seems to be the most commonly encountered sp. in the hobby of that genus.

John

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
It is a buthus. Look at the lyreshaped carinae on the carapace....Probably occitanus. But since I am no expert on this genus, I can only tell it is a Buthus for sure.