HELP STAT! I've got a bleeder!

LaneyKaz

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My M Robustum is losing blood from one of his legs. I don't have any super glue or powder on hand. any other household things that work to stop the bleeding or should i just run and buy something? I also have no liquid band-aid which i heard works also. Any advice is helpful!

jamesc

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Go out and get some. By the time you get back it might have stopped on its own but it is a good thing to have on hand.

LaneyKaz

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i found some baby powder...so just dab a little over the spot and that should work?

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
My M Robustum is losing blood from one of his legs. I don't have any super glue or powder on hand. any other household things that work to stop the bleeding or should i just run and buy something? I also have no liquid band-aid which i heard works also. Any advice is helpful!
If your useing peat or coco fiber for substrate. Just use that. Dump some of the substrate on the wound and it'll stick and act as a clotting agent. I used the peat for my rosie that took a little fall and she was fine after the next molt. I did nothing but the peat, substrate thing and didn't mess with any glue or nail polish. Try it, it works really well.

LaneyKaz

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ok..thanks everyone for your immediate attention. I powdered him up and it seems to be working so far. It wasn't bleeding a lot so i guess that's good. He should be fine now. :clap:

midnight_maiden

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
And sticking to the "kitchen remedies"

I just last night read in Ann Webb's book The Proper Care of Tarantulas that powdered sugar works also. But not too much cause the T will turn into a "Sticky Bun" :}

fartkowski

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
when my h gigas sprung a leak on her leg
i just used some potting soil, it worked really good

mischaaussems

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ashes from a cigarette, stops the bleeding and is sterile.. I've heard of people on the dutch forum using it with succes.