Help Please

david30

Arachnopeon
my chilean rose is standing on side of her home i have only had her for 3 hours in there i nodded of to sleep (big kid and not been sleeping cos of excitement) followed pet stores instructions as well as the tarantula keepers guide just wondering is this normal so soon or is this an early sign of her not liking her substrate. am i just being a novice which i am and getting a little nervous over nothing

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
my chilean rose is standing on side of her home i have only had her for 3 hours in there i nodded of to sleep (big kid and not been sleeping cos of excitement) followed pet stores instructions as well as the tarantula keepers guide just wondering is this normal so soon or is this an early sign of her not liking her substrate. am i just being a novice which i am and getting a little nervous over nothing
Damp substrate? If so let it dry out or change it for dry.

PS Photo's always help :)

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Overly moist substrate or not, it will take her a while (days or even weeks) to get used to her new surroundings.

Please have a read through the stickies at the top of the "Tarantula Q's and A's" and give yourself a leg up. There is LOTS of good info there for new keepers such as yourself.

david30

Arachnopeon
Overly moist substrate or not, it will take her a while (days or even weeks) to get used to her new surroundings.

Please have a read through the stickies at the top of the "Tarantula Q's and A's" and give yourself a leg up. There is LOTS of good info there for new keepers such as yourself.
ok thank you every1

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
ok thank u, get straight to it i dont want her getting upset
Just one more thing, they didn't recommend you buy bug gel for her water dish did they? If they did remove the bug gel straight away and replace it with nice clean fresh water.

:)