Help needed, C. cyaneopubescens

Tarantula20

Arachnosquire
I once helped clean out a exotic pet store that was being shut down for the same reasons, Every time I think back to it its amazing how ignorant people really are. "But hopefully one day a virus of some kind will hit and ignorance will be blissfully swept into the past, we can hope." forgot where I found this quote

Gretsch

Arachnopeon
It's currently eating a pre killed cricket, so all hope may not be lost. I put another in and will check again in the morning. Thanks everyone for the support!

Kodi

Title Master
Old Timer
Thats awesome! I'm looking forward to a before and after picture.

YagerManJennsen

Arachnobaron
Infection from mold? That's a new one.

I agree though, it clearly had a bad molt...I doubt its eaten since, could easily have troubles with its mouthparts/sucking stomach after a bad molt like that, and not being fed in a timely fashion isn't a help either. If this thing survives, go buy a lottery ticket and see if you can keep the good luck rolling.

Good luck, and I would offer only pre killed prey.
Yeah I haven't heard of that happening either. T thought since humans could get sick from certain molds maybe in high enough concentration the same would happen to a T.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
This is the type of situation that prevents me from being an Atheist... I have to believe that there is some sort of eternal punishment for people who do this. That is the saddest, most pathetic, tarantula that I have ever seen and I'm glad that they are being shut down. I don't even want to imagine what some of the other animals endured.
I hope that you can pull her through.

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
if it is eating, on it's own prekilled or not, I think the worst is over. Hopefully it's all up hill from here for the poor thing!

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Man that looks so bad. Very sad to see. It is extremely dehydrated. Thats appalling. I would have went crazy if I saw a T like that in a petshop :punch::punch:

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
Yeah, eating is probably one of the best signs you could hope for. Most critters that are swirling around the drain will not eat, I think. Good luck, it seems like it may be on the spider's and your side.

Tar

Arachnosquire
People just don't realize what they're doing to the environment ,and good luck I hope that your beautiful gbb will live but if it does die remember it died on the right hands

Abyss

Arachnoknight
Good to hear its doing better an for $120 it damn well better be a female hopefully.

Also, note that "rescuing" pets from pet stores only reinforces to the pet store they did good. Always remember, They see the sale not the reason for the sale ;)

Kodi

Title Master
Old Timer
Good to hear its doing better an for $120 it damn well better be a female hopefully.

Also, note that "rescuing" pets from pet stores only reinforces to the pet store they did good. Always remember, They see the sale not the reason for the sale ;)
The store was going out of business for animal cruelty.

Abyss

Arachnoknight
The store was going out of business for animal cruelty.
makes no difference, same principle applies.

I read through the whole thing. Doesnt change the principle. ALOT of pet stores operate this way and the story is always the same weather they are going out of business or not.

I get that ppl want to "rescue" animals an such but by "rescuing" 1, your all but guaranteeing that many more will be put in similar situations because all stores see is a sale, not the reson for the sale as i said above.

Kodi

Title Master
Old Timer
makes no difference, same principle applies.

I read through the whole thing. Doesnt change the principle. ALOT of pet stores operate this way and the story is always the same weather they are going out of business or not.

I get that ppl want to "rescue" animals an such but by "rescuing" 1, your all but guaranteeing that many more will be put in similar situations because all stores see is a sale, not the reson for the sale as i said above.
Just making sure you read that part. How would "many more" be put in similar situations when the store will never replace the T with a new one?

bryverine

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Just making sure you read that part. How would "many more" be put in similar situations when the store will never replace the T with a new one?
This store won't sell more, but where are the employees going?

I'd bet probably a new pet store ( :eek: ) with the knowledge that C. cyanopubescens and tarantulas really sell.

Abyss

Arachnoknight
Not sayin this particular store. Im saying in general. Its the principle. "Rescuing" is generally not a good or productive practice as in most cases it ensures more T's to be put in the same situation.
A pet store going out of business today dorsnt mean that there wont be a new one started and either owned or co-owned by the same individual.
This particular case may be the exception (theres exceptions to every rule of course) but im simply pointing out that the "rule" needs to be understood clearly that these businesses only see sales nothing more. They want you to "rescue" the pet. By doing so, you have ensured them that their practices are good and the cycle repeats.