Help! Mysterious Halloween Hisser death!

JadeBlue

Arachnopeon
Hello! I have 2 hissers right now, a Halloween and a Madagascar. I acquired the Halloween about 4 months before the other. Tonight, I went to mist their enclosure and replenish their water, and the Halloween hisser looks dead. His cerci looks chewed or broken off, and I don't see it anywhere in the enclosure. He shows no signs of life. The Madagascar is just chilling under some bark, doing just fine. I'm quite distressed by this. Any ideas what happened?

Attachments

JadeBlue

Arachnopeon
It's not a molt, though. It's the actual body with all his insides. It's super weird. :-(

Poonjab

Arachnoking
It's not a molt, though. It's the actual body with all his insides. It's super weird. :-(
I know. What my thought was, is that maybe the hisser molted. And while it was still soft, the other one ate it and it’s molt? It looks chewed in half.

JadeBlue

Arachnopeon
Hmm..maybe. but I check on them multiple times a day and night, and didn't see any indications he was molting. I thought they don't usually hurt each other like that?
Thank you for your quick response. It sucks, because he was my 1st hisser!

Poonjab

Arachnoking
Hmm..maybe. but I check on them multiple times a day and night, and didn't see any indications he was molting. I thought they don't usually hurt each other like that?
Thank you for your quick response. It sucks, because he was my 1st hisser!
I’m going to be honest. I have zero clue. I’ve kept hissers and never had this issue. I’m 100% speculating. Just trying to make give you an idea. Hope you figure it out.