HELP MY JUMPER IS LETHARGIC

OneLove79

Arachnopeon
My jumper has lost a lot of weight and hasn’t really been moving much at all the last few days. I tried giving him a qtip with sugar water and he started to take it and then he stopped and went to walk and his front legs went up and he went backwards and almost fell and this has happened A few times like he can’t catch himself and he is super slow
Please tell me my jumper isn’t dying

Attachments

regalpaws

Arachnoknight
How old is your jumper? Is it wild caught?
Do you know if it recently molted?
When was the last time it ate?

OneLove79

Arachnopeon
How old is your jumper? Is it wild caught?
Do you know if it recently molted?
When was the last time it ate?
I bought him from regallovers.com and he on his 5th molt when I got him and it’s been about a week and a half since he’s eaten

regalpaws

Arachnoknight
I bought him from regallovers.com and he on his 5th molt when I got him and it’s been about a week and a half since he’s eaten
Ok it sounds like he just needs to eat. Usually I feed my adult jumpers 1 small cricket once a week.
Also keep offering water either by qtip or spraying 1 side of the enclosure - he'll drink off of the sides.

He may be getting older so if he can't catch his own live prey, just prekill his prey.

OneLove79

Arachnopeon
Ok it sounds like he just needs to eat. Usually I feed my adult jumpers 1 small cricket once a week.
Also keep offering water either by qtip or spraying 1 side of the enclosure - he'll drink off of the sides.

He may be getting older so if he can't catch his own live prey, just prekill his prey.
We’ve been trying to feed him his crickets. He usually attacks them fast but I poked the guts out of one and kinda put it on his fangs and he was cleaning them getting a bit of food and I gave him a qtip with sugar water and t first he started drinking it and now he just won’t budge
Idk what to do he’s usually so active
Should I move him into something smaller

regalpaws

Arachnoknight
We’ve been trying to feed him his crickets. He usually attacks them fast but I poked the guts out of one and kinda put it on his fangs and he was cleaning them getting a bit of food and I gave him a qtip with sugar water and t first he started drinking it and now he just won’t budge
Idk what to do he’s usually so active
Should I move him into something smaller
They can go for awhile without food, he might be molting again.
Has he built a thick web and spending most of his time there? How often were you feeding him before he stopped eating?

OneLove79

Arachnopeon
They can go for awhile without food, he might be molting again.
Has he built a thick web and spending most of his time there? How often were you feeding him before he stopped eating?
He had built the thick web about a month or so ago and he was in and out of it for the last two weeks and now it’s gone
He was eating about 2 crickets a week up until almost 2 weeks ago

regalpaws

Arachnoknight
He had built the thick web about a month or so ago and he was in and out of it for the last two weeks and now it’s gone
He was eating about 2 crickets a week up until almost 2 weeks ago
ok he might be wanting to molt again. So just keep offering small crickets and water. Keep your humidity slightly up.
Not sure what to tell you otherwise, sorry!

OneLove79

Arachnopeon
ok he might be wanting to molt again. So just keep offering small crickets and water. Keep your humidity slightly up.
Not sure what to tell you otherwise, sorry!
Thank you I will keep trying to do that

egyptiancrow

Arachnobaron
that looks like an adult/mature male. not a baby. mature males dont eat often and also dont live for very long. can you post a clearer photo of the face, or a top down so i can be sure?

egyptiancrow

Arachnobaron
Ok here it is thank you
yes that looks like a fully grown male. you were definitely not honest with, regallover is actually even on a blacklist for scamming/lying to people and using illegal shipping: https://www.facebook.com/groups/552959296448310/permalink/555415726202667

he might not be eating because adult males just dont eat often- i feed mine once a week, if they dont eat, im not too surprised. make sure to offer water if they arent eating though, and if they are looking skinny, you can 1) rekill prey and leave it in the enclosure overnight to see if he will scavenge or 2) mix sugar and water together and then soak a qtip and feed it to him to give him a bit more energy until he eats.

he also might just be at the end of his life, they tend not to eat. but if he can make silk, climb well without slipping/tripping, he might be okay for a couple more months

OneLove79

Arachnopeon
yes that looks like a fully grown male. you were definitely not honest with, regallover is actually even on a blacklist for scamming/lying to people and using illegal shipping: https://www.facebook.com/groups/552959296448310/permalink/555415726202667

he might not be eating because adult males just dont eat often- i feed mine once a week, if they dont eat, im not too surprised. make sure to offer water if they arent eating though, and if they are looking skinny, you can 1) rekill prey and leave it in the enclosure overnight to see if he will scavenge or 2) mix sugar and water together and then soak a qtip and feed it to him to give him a bit more energy until he eats.

he also might just be at the end of his life, they tend not to eat. but if he can make silk, climb well without slipping/tripping, he might be okay for a couple more months
That’s exactly what he’s doing though is not being able to silk and he keeps falling over or off the wall like he can’t control his limbs

egyptiancrow

Arachnobaron
That’s exactly what he’s doing though is not being able to silk and he keeps falling over or off the wall like he can’t control his limbs
it sounds like he is elderly. you should contact regallover, this is definitely not a healthy normal spider you should have gotten :/
im so sorry. most breeders are much much more reliable and better than this