HELP!! My G.Pulchripes is bleeding from its joints :(

Mamisha-X

Arachnosquire
Two days ago my Male G.Pulchripes had a bad molt and lost one of his legs. after a while it wouldnt stop bleeding so i pached it up with some flour and it stopped bleeding. the next day I notice he das a large amount of cloudy white/yellow liquid (i call this blood) coming out of his rear leg knee joint. i put some flour on it and it stopped for a little while. today i took a look to see if he was ok and again the knee was bleeding and one of the joints down by his carapis (pardon the spelling) also had "blood" on it idk if it was a drip from the knee or if it is also bleeding. :( he is still moving around and doesnt seem to mind too much but I was worried so I put him in an ICU. he is currently sitting in the warm water dish. he has been bleeding ALOT and it doesnt seem to stop. to you think he will be ok? I would realy like any advice

tarantulagirl10

Arachnobaron
I don't know if ICU is a good idea for one acting normal but bleeding. I would think it might make the bleeding worse. I really don't know though, hopefully someone will chime in pretty fast and help you. I would think apply cornstarch and try to keep it dry. Like I said though, I'm a newbie so maybe someone else will help soon.

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Two days ago my Male G.Pulchripes had a bad molt and lost one of his legs. after a while it wouldnt stop bleeding so i pached it up with some flour and it stopped bleeding. the next day I notice he das a large amount of cloudy white/yellow liquid (i call this blood) coming out of his rear leg knee joint. i put some flour on it and it stopped for a little while. today i took a look to see if he was ok and again the knee was bleeding and one of the joints down by his carapis (pardon the spelling) also had "blood" on it idk if it was a drip from the knee or if it is also bleeding. :( he is still moving around and doesnt seem to mind too much but I was worried so I put him in an ICU. he is currently sitting in the warm water dish. he has been bleeding ALOT and it doesnt seem to stop. to you think he will be ok? I would realy like any advice
Is it already mature, and tried to perform its post-ultimate molt, or is it an immature male?

Mamisha-X

Arachnosquire
he is an immature male, with a 5" legspan

also my ICU is half dry and half wet so he can choose what he prefers. he seems to like the wet though

Last edited:

Lolita

Arachnoknight
i feel dumb for asking this and it's slightly off topic but what does ICU mean for T's i keep thinking of intensive care units in hospitals

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i feel dumb for asking this and it's slightly off topic but what does ICU mean for T's i keep thinking of intensive care units in hospitals
That's exactly what it is.

It's a small container, generally lined with moist paper towels and without substrate, and generally contains a water dish. It's usually meant for dehydrated T's, but it can also be used to keep a wounded T from, say, getting sub into its wounds.

Mamisha-X

Arachnosquire
it is a tarantula version of just that. it is high in humidity and temperature. usualy a tupperware container of some sort filled with paper towels or TP and has a water dish.

Lolita

Arachnoknight
okay thanks for the info thats actually really helpful for if i ever have any injured or dehydrated T's you guys are awesome

Last edited:

Mamisha-X

Arachnosquire
no problem. but anyway anyone have any more advice about wha i should or shouldnt do? i just want him to be ok again

Lolita

Arachnoknight
no problem. but anyway anyone have any more advice about wha i should or shouldnt do? i just want him to be ok again
i've heard of using superglue to fix it idk if thats a good idea or not though i've never had any issues with mine to have the need to try anything like that