HELP! my fire leg (B.bohemi)

cold blood

Staff member
its like a cotton wool substance ,something the shop owner said to keep in.

why ? your guess is as good as mine , should i take it out ? seams like all his advice was BS haha.
Literally ignore every single thing this person or place told you. As said, it should be on bone dry substrate, with a hide and a water dish...do what that store told you and you would be back buying another in 3 weeks...see how its to their advantage to not give good info?

He sold you a heat mat, return that, he stole your money there (gotcha again he did)....and condensation isn't something to just wipe off...its one of the worst signs you could see in an enclosure...its a death sentence for most ts as it means damp stuffy conditions (over watered and under ventilated), and nothing kills a t faster than this.

Calling it a baby is funny as well...its at least 3-5 years old IME...possibly older, but definitely not younger.

Glad you found AB, take the advice here and your t will be fine...and you may even end up with several more....welcome to the hobby and don't fret about this, the changes are simple and can be made quickly, its not uncommon for new keepers to research in the wrong places, as 90% of places people research are complete garbage.

Over-complicating things is a huge issue for keepers because of this wildly inaccurate info that's floating about the web and in pet stores.

It won't need to be fed until a couple weeks after its next molt...after that, feed it one prey item every 7-14 days depending on the size of prey.

Aaron Evans

Arachnopeon
yeah there is ventilation on the lid i probably went a little oTT with it as i worried about the build up of condensation as well ,also put a few holes along each side just for good measure. I've changed the substrate and left off the heat mat, no condensation now and little spidey seams to be a little more content.

thanks again to everyone.