help me with this scorpion..

xtreme_paranoid

Arachnopeon
hello everyone..
i still new here..
can anyone identify wht type this scorpion..
some say it is heterometrus spinifer
and the others say it is Heterometrus longimanus

thanks everyone..

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Didn't even have to click the thumbs, that has to be longimanus.. Just think, longimanus-long chela. Don't just rely on one person though, wait for a few others to confirm this. But definently appears to be.

xtreme_paranoid

Arachnopeon
i still beginner and it is my first scorp..
before this i never have any scorp..
before this only have persian cat..:razz:
i also not know how to compare this scorp with others..
but it is more to Heterometrus longimanus?

Scorpfanatic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hi xtreme

i have replied to you in oter post, only male longimanus has long claws, you should be having a longimanus :)

walton

Scorpfanatic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
jus remeber because female longimanus has no signs of long claws,. you can id by the gradulations on the head and some othe rfeatures to know if its a h longimanus female :)

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
jus remeber because female longimanus has no signs of long claws,. you can id by the gradulations on the head and some othe rfeatures to know if its a h longimanus female :)
Glad you pointed that out fanatic.
Here is the thread which contains the keys to ID heterometrus by granulation.
http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=82335&highlight=heterometrus

Once question for you fanatic while I am here, do you know of any abnormalties breeding say H longimanus and one of the sub species, Ie, longimanus boreenisis? I've always wondered that, although I don't own that species, I've always wondered what difficulties these sub-species cause in the common hobbyiest breeding attempts.

xtreme_paranoid

Arachnopeon
anyone have h.longimanus like me..?
can show some picture?
really want look for female..
hehehe
thanks..

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hello X paranoid,

Like a broken record, I would agree with the general note of other posters, Heterometrus longimanus.

But what you might want to consider is some improvements to its habitat. The substrate is the first area, I would change out the sandy gravel for some sort of soil, with some depth to it 10cm (I have 5 Heterometrus spp and they love to burrow) The moisture looks good. The water dish is okay but more volume/bigger deeper would be better. Are there any place for him to hide? if not anything that it's able to crawl under would be appreciated by him.

Those are just some recommendations. GL on finding him a her.

Thaedion

Alakdan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
anyone have h.longimanus like me..?
can show some picture?
really want look for female..
hehehe
thanks..
Here's a sub-adult female H. longimanus borneensis at 5th instar. It is now 6th, so one more to go. I raised it from 2nd.