Help me pick a Pamphobetus female!

Unravel

Arachnosquire
Heya,

i want to get a Pamphobetus, but im not sure which kind! I know there is a great difference between males and females in terms of coloration, so i would appreciate any tips on which females are the most colorful.

Thank you

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
trust me...you will be happy wit any Pampho you get...they are awsome!

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
They are all wonderful spiders. You may pay a decent amount though for a confirmed female. Males look incredible but keep in mind that they only look like that during their final molt stage, after which they die.

It's especially fun to get pampho's as slings because of the extensive color changes they undergo as they mature and also the incredible growth rate. They make Lasiadora look like Aphonopelma.

Hatr3d

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I agree with the previous posts, they're all awesome spiders. P. ultramarinus, P. nigricolor, P. platyomma or P. sp. south ecuador/Machala could be the species to go with, but I love them all. About coloration, adult females of some species (ultramarinus and nigricolor for example) have a really nice black velvety color that fits really well with their purple iridescences, better looking than the more brownish species imo.

Moltar makes all good points about getting 'em as slings too! If you plan on doing so P. sp.machala (and lots of ecuadorian specimens from what I can see, may be wrong) have amazing colors as juveniles, pink/purple all the way!

ornamentalist

Arachnoknight
what i would get is an x. Immanis. They are very similar to a pampho, keep them exactly the same and the females are still awesome colours! Mine is one of my fave t's!

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think that P.nigricolor females look great as adults
I agree, also Pamphobeteus antinous, P. vespertinus and P.ultramarinus
its very hard to say which looks better
I have a absolutely stunning looking P sp 'platyomma' and sp 'Ecuador'

Hatr3d

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I don't think so, keep in mind that there's a lot of confusion in this genus, lots of undescribed specimens from various colombia/ecuador/peru localities.
I think P. sp. Machala (a city in the southwest of Ecuador) is just another one among those. Don't know the exact story about how it started to spread around in the hobby worldwide tho.

ornamentalist

Arachnoknight
I agree, also Pamphobeteus antinous, P. vespertinus and P.ultramarinus
its very hard to say which looks better
I have a absolutely stunning looking P sp 'platyomma' and sp 'Ecuador'
my antinous is awesome! Shes handleable too but i dont condone handling the pamphos as they can be skittish, mine is really calm tho but still, if she does bite me, her fangs are stupendously large {D

Unravel

Arachnosquire
i think X immanis keeps me coming back time after time, now i just need to find one for cheap haha, thank you guys

ornamentalist

Arachnoknight
i think X immanis keeps me coming back time after time, now i just need to find one for cheap haha, thank you guys
hope you find one at a reasonable price, they go for silly money in u.s but they are so awesome, and FAST! For a terrestrial, as a juvie, they simply begger beleif how they shift so beware when rehousing!