Help me ID these spiders

Sheazy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I collected all three of these spiders from my sisters garage yesterday. I appreciate any help in identifying them. Thanks!

moose35

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
don't know much about true spiders but those all look like jumpers to me.
great pics also

moose

rattler420

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
first 2 r def jumpers, but not sure about species. & no idea on the last one

lucanidae

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The third one is Castianeira floridana. The first two are definitely salticids but getting a good ID from pics like these is hard.

Sheazy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Cool, thanks. I can try to get better pics of them once they calm down and settle into their new homes. These pics were right after I transfered them from the small deli cups.

Sheazy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Here is more info on the Red Spotted Antmimic spider I found on the web.

"The book places her in the family Clubionidae, but this is a bit dated, as she is now assigned to the family Corrinidae, the ant-mimic spiders. Her genus and species is Castianeira descripta, and she is colloquially known as the red-spotted ant mimic.

Members of the genus Castianeira are considered mimics of large ants, such as carpenter ants, and mutillid wasps, which are known as “velvet ants.” These spiders supposedly walk about slowly the way ants do and then only move fast when disturbed. Well, my C. descripta must be one disturbed spider, as she always seems on the run. But then again, I keep her in a small cage and poke at her. I guess I’d be disturbed and running too.

What’s especially cool about C. descripta is that she only walks with six legs, like an ant. As she walks, her front two legs are raised in the air and quiver quickly up and down like antennae. She’ll even quiver them briefly after she stops walking. What I read tells me that she does this to emulate ant antennae, but I also read that spiders immitating ant antennae frequently have conspicous front legs. It’s a characteristic of C. descripta that her front four legs are somewhat transparent and certainly not jet black like the rest of her. Since a glance of her made me think “wasp” and not “ant,” I wonder if that transparency might also be mimicking wasp wings. Wasps often give their wings a quick shimmy upon landing, just as C. descripta gives her transparent front two legs a quick shimmy when she stops moving.

Perhaps this spider mimics an ant in its restful state and a wasp in its panicked state."

The rest of this write-up can be found here:
http://www.spiderjoe.com/spiders/oak-hill/ant-mimic-goofs

I also got a few more pics of the jumpers, so if anyone can help ID from these I would appreciate it. I would really like to learn more about them.

This one finally settled down for a second once it was given a cricket...but not much. This guy is extremely fast and always moving the opposite direction from me...lol.

This one is always on the side, and has even built a small hammock up in one corner. It still has not eaten, but I am hoping to get better pics of the dorsal side, and front eyes when it does.

Taceas

Arachnolord
Old Timer
If it weren't for the legs throwing me off, I'd think the second jumper in your second pictured post as a Phidippus audax. The abdominal patterning is really similar. Maybe its just not matured fully yet. Out of curiosity, are the chelicerae irridescent green?

That other jumper is awesome though, the red stripe and eyes are very cool. =)

Sheazy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
If it weren't for the legs throwing me off, I'd think the second jumper in your second pictured post as a Phidippus audax. The abdominal patterning is really similar. Maybe its just not matured fully yet. Out of curiosity, are the chelicerae irridescent green?

That other jumper is awesome though, the red stripe and eyes are very cool. =)
Thanks, I appreciate it. I dont see any green or colors close on the chelicerae. They actually look alot like skeleton teeth. Kinda a combination of yellow, tan, and brown. Still trying to get a good pic of that view...he is not very helpful though...always on the move...lol.

padkison

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
The red/beige one looks like Maevia inclemens - Dimorphic Jumping Spider. I found this one on the house today while mowing. Males are apparently completely black.