Help me choose my next T

darkness_falls8

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey guys,
I'm trying to decide...which T should be my next one..I mean I'll eventually get both of them, but...RIGHT NOW, what should I get? Which do you prefer and why?

Here's the two: (both adult females)

•Heteroscodra Maculata
•Chilobrachys sp "guangxiensis" or Huahini

I can't decide...arboreal...or another terrestrial? hmmm.

SnakeManJohn

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I can't really say much about these two tarantulas, I don't really know a lot about them but I'd say Heteroscodra Maculata...just because they usually look awesome :}

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
http://www.arachnopets.com/tarantulas/tgallery/hmaculata01.htm

Thats all I gotta say... :D

The patters are absolutely stunning. They reach a reasonable size. They can somewhat be an the "flicky" side, but they just wanna give you a lil kiss. One of my fav. arboreals. I regret selling mine 110%. Escpecially since you're getting a, adult female, go for that one. Just have fun getting her out of the shipping container. {D

Austin

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I vote Heteroscodra Maculata. I have one and it is absolutely gorgeous.

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I like Chilos and H. macs, but you'd probably see the mac a lot more often.

RottweilExpress

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'd label the Chilo a digger/burrower, not a terrestial. Can't help you choosing though, they are both lovely in their own way.

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i'd get the maculata for sure! just bought a sling at a show yesterday - it was only 5 euro (that's what, 7$?) and already 5th instar :p

if you want a chilobrachys, go for fimbriatus instead. they are way more colourful than any other c. spec.! plus, even though my juvie has built an extensive burrow, you can always see him hanging around the entrance.

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hi i am not going to be much help as i NEVER seen or HEARD of the them :? :? :confused: :confused: :8o :8o :8o --- phil

Midnightrdr456

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
H. Maculata. Absolutely goregeous arboreal, though i might be biased as im a big old world arboreal fan

Bothrops

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If you don't go with the H. maculata then you're crazy! {D

It's the best looking T in the world IMO.

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
just seen a pict of H - MACULATA in a book and it said its a very aggressive ( t ) :eek: :eek: lol ---- phil

Sunar

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
H. maculata is a T I myself want someday...so i'd say go with that one. :D

~Fred

Midnightrdr456

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
no T is aggressive. They are skittish and fast and can be defensive. Its not a T you would want to hold, but its not going to try and kill you.

Transylvania

Gondorian
Old Timer
H.maculata definitely. When mine first came as a freebie I freaked out and didn't know what to do with it, since I'm a beginner keeper and I thought I wasn't ready. But it's really not as big a deal as people make it out to be. Mine just huddles up in his shelter all day and I can open his cage and do maintenance without any problems. He also eats great, and walks around the walls webbing all night. Very interesting, beautiful species IMO. I almost feel terrible sending him off, but you gotta do what you gotta do. ;)

r4iney

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Easy answer, H. Maculata, it will be the first aboreal I will get once I get more terrariums and space.