Help me choose a first T (#2 or 3 I don't remember)

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
Man I have a bunch of them...yeah theyre skittish, but they are also all defensive given the right circumstances...Theyre the only NWs I have kept that repeatedly slap the ground.
Yeah, I've never even gotten a threat posture from my 5.5" female. Oh well, also never hides. I give her a nice hide to use but all she does is sit under her pothos plant leaves (very visible lol).

cold blood

Staff member
Would love to but I'm joining the Goddess cult now. Probably won't have enough money to buy anything for another year after that.
Muticus is pretty darn cool, too. I love their brown...its so much not the usual brown.

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
Muticus is pretty darn cool, too. I love their brown...its so much not the usual brown.
o_O It's brown dude.
But its a vibrant, pretty brown. I didn't say it wasn't brown, I said it wasn't the usual brown.

normal boring tarantula brown...

Pretty, vibrant and much lighter brown.
I thought it was burnt orange :O

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Too late the raffle has spoken! I'm saving up for P.muticus.
Are you going for a sling or larger spider? If you go for a sling, that large tank you have in mind is going to be too big for a long time. ;)

KaptinKrunch

Arachnopeon
Pick one, read the care sheet and buy :)

You mentioned P.murinus. I don't think you quite understand what this means :p They are not for the feint hearted. If you've never dealt with a T this is not a good first choice (although I know many have done it).

Just keep away from old worlds, and defensive/skittish species. They'll put you on your toes and if you don't know T's you could be putting the T (or yourself) at risk.

Seriously, go with a G.rosea for your first T. Beautiful, mostly docile, lots of info can be found online about them. In a very short space of time you'll be buying more, I can promise you that :) It's an addiction.

Enjoy the hobby. Spiders are amazing. Welcome to the club :)

Stugy

Arachnolord
Are you going for a sling or larger spider? If you go for a sling, that large tank you have in mind is going to be too big for a long time. ;)
I will probably go for a larger spider. Definitely not adult but maybe like 2-3in. Something that is already used to living xD. I'm not planning to use the aquarium anytime soon but at least I'll have it so when the time comes. :)

Stugy

Arachnolord
Pick one, read the care sheet and buy :)

You mentioned P.murinus. I don't think you quite understand what this means :p They are not for the feint hearted. If you've never dealt with a T this is not a good first choice (although I know many have done it).

Just keep away from old worlds, and defensive/skittish species. They'll put you on your toes and if you don't know T's you could be putting the T (or yourself) at risk.

Seriously, go with a G.rosea for your first T. Beautiful, mostly docile, lots of info can be found online about them. In a very short space of time you'll be buying more, I can promise you that :) It's an addiction.

Enjoy the hobby. Spiders are amazing. Welcome to the club :)
THE RAFFLE HAS SPOKEN :eek: I mentioned P.murinus mostly because I find it's reputation really interesting lol. Plus it did fit with my list from what I've read.

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
I will probably go for a larger spider. Definitely not adult but maybe like 2-3in. Something that is already used to living xD. I'm not planning to use the aquarium anytime soon but at least I'll have it so when the time comes. :)
Going directly for the huge hiss monster, huh? Sweet.

KaptinKrunch

Arachnopeon
THE RAFFLE HAS SPOKEN :eek: I mentioned P.murinus mostly because I find it's reputation really interesting lol. Plus it did fit with my list from what I've read.
That's cool. If you think you can handle it go for it :) I always advise against them for a first T because I've been there. I got a pokie about a week after a rose. Bad mistake, but I learn't fast. If you're a quick learner, and understand how unpredictable spider are you'll be fine.

Just warning you though :p