help Lp with scab on the bottom of abdomen!!!

Tarac

Arachnolord
I work in a huge arthropod vivarium in Brazil, so the T°C, moisture and everything is very controlled, so that's why I really apreciate to read "problems" regarding T's kept as pets!!
That is very exciting! Sounds like a very fun job. It is a double-edged sword as you say- we can keep Ts here where we don't really have all that many and even fewer who are studying them professionally. But you can work closely with them in a research setting, but not able to keep them at home.

Maybe someday you can shed some light on the assorted mysterious problems we encounter with our pet tarantulas. They are generally trouble free pets as a whole, but then you have the threads you are reading like this one where we can't even tell for sure if it is a bump, lesion, scratch from furniture, who even knows. It's one of the most exciting and yet frustrating parts of keeping Ts- always a chance we make discoveries through our collective experiences but no good way to prove any of it yet.

OP- have you noticed any changes in the conformation, texture or color of this spot so far? That would certainly help to rule out active problems versus something static or repairing and thereby a number of potential problems falling into one or the other category.

Chicken Farmer

Arachnosquire
nothing has changed. she found a roach that had dug down so much for her diet.... i will check every week on it? to often not enough?

jakykong

Arachnobaron
nothing has changed. she found a roach that had dug down so much for her diet.... i will check every week on it? to often not enough?
Well, no point crying over spilt milk; the roach is eaten, so just keep her on a light diet from here on out and hope for the best! :)

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
once a week is likely more than enough for now. If you notice it getting larger/worse than obviously there is a problem. If it dissipates, stop checkin in on it that often.

If it stays the same size through a few more scarce feedings that is good too. I think your only goal should be to get it safely through its next molt, and see if the problem persists.

Seeing how you likely wont find an actual answer to what that is, i hope the problem at least gets resolved with a successful molt