help id

ironmonkey78

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ok ive got a few more that I need some help with the ID. the pics are of 4 scorpions all caught within the same area. in ft stockton texas.

Last edited:

Texas Blonde

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I know the first one is a Centruroides vittatus. No clue on the others. Awesome finds!

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Agreed, and the rest look to def be Vaejovid spp, the 2nd and 4th look like v. coahuilae???

EDIT: Actually i am pretty sure they are not around there. Where is ft. stockton???

Texas Blonde

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Agreed, and the rest look to def be Vaejovid spp, the 2nd and 4th look like v. coahuilae???

EDIT: Actually i am pretty sure they are not around there. Where is ft. stockton???
Ft Stockton is in W Tx, on I10.

Here is a link to a map showing the location of Ft Stockton.

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Ok, thanks. Actually there is a very good chance they are v. coahuilae. They are all over New Mexico and so if its on the West side of Texas, theres a good chance that is what it is. Great pick-ups.

What

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
There is a definite possibility of them being V. coahuilae, or possibly V. russeli. Can you get better pics?

ironmonkey78

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
will post better pics

yeah ill take some better pics and post them. thanks for the replies..

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
The first and third of the Vaejovids look like coahuilae to me -- that middle one has interesting colouration, though. Doesn't mean it isn't coahuilae, as I've seen some variation within that species .. but definitely worth some closer pics.

Cheers,
Dave

What

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oh, it could even be V. crassimanus...

But better pictures would help....