Help! I'am doing something wrong..

Magician

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My scorp is endless paceing the back of her tank where some light shines over from a fishtank. over and over. She'll go to all four corners of the tank and strech up them like she wants me to hold her {D. She's ingoreing the Crix in her tank,even if i usher them to her claws.

What am i doing wrong? She has peat moss substrate,a water dish, several logs to hide under, and a hide (I took a t-delicup,little plastic dish,cut a door,and buryed it in the substrate,with the door peeking out. It's her favorite hide.)

VesAn

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Did you just get her? They tend to do that tank climbing behavior a lot when they're introduced to a unfamiliar enclosure recently.

Magician

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yes

Yes,i brought her home from a larger tank with four other emps, it was a bit more heavy decorated and she was handled lots.

She's really violent about it,twisting her tail out and about on the substrate as she launches herself up into the corners.

VesAn

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Sounds normal, my guy did the exact same thing (using his tail as a level in the substrate and all) when I first got him. Still does that sometime, too.

Black Hawk

Arachnolord
Old Timer
mine does that every so often as well, i wouldn't be concerned. btw, congratz on the emp! :D

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
shouldn't usually try to feed them right away, I give mine a cricket a couple hours after I put them in their new homes and if they haven't started eating it within 2-3 hours I take the cricket back out and wait. give it a day or two at least to settle in to it's new home and the wall scrambling will probably go on for a week or more :)

fiveohatch

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
mine did that for the first month that i had it. now i only see it doing it every once inawhile. it stays in its hide most of the time now.