Help - Delivered and not moving

MKG

Arachnopeon
I think he is really stressed. He kicked a lot of hairs in his shipping container. Do I just wait?

Attachments

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
Make sure it has water. Set it in a dim place and leave it alone for several hours.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Yep, he's fine. It's not uncommon for even very defensive tarantulas to get lethargic after shipping. Should be fine by tomorrow.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
It's stressed and lethargic from shipping, just leave it alone and it will eventually start to explore and get settled in.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Yeah... that's not good. Have you contacted the seller? You should do that sooner rather than later as to adhere to their LAG.

What happens when you lightly touch it's rump with a drinking straw?

MKG

Arachnopeon
Yeah... that's not good. Have you contacted the seller? You should do that sooner rather than later as to adhere to their LAG.

What happens when you lightly touch it's rump with a drinking straw?
I contacted them immediately when I got him out of the container and he didn't move. She said this was very strange and has already said she would replace him if no improvement by morning. He also molted on 3/30. Would this have anything to do with him not moving? Molting...stress and then being transported? I'll go up and check him.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
I contacted them immediately when I got him out of the container and he didn't move. She said this was very strange and has already said she would replace him if no improvement by morning. He also molted on 3/30. Would this have anything to do with him not moving? Molting...stress and then being transported? I'll go up and check him.
They shipped him out a few days after a molt?! :banghead:
Not saying that has anything to do with the current situation, but that's a big no-no. It's probably why they're so willing to ship you out a replacement, they know that they messed up.

MKG

Arachnopeon
They shipped him out a few days after a molt?! :banghead:
Not saying that has anything to do with the current situation, but that's a big no-no. It's probably why they're so willing to ship you out a replacement, they know that they messed up.
So I lightly touched his rump and absolutely nothing...not even a tiny little move of any kind. Super sad :( I really think he is dead now.

MKG

Arachnopeon
OH MY GOODNESS IT'S SO TINY! I thought you said it was gonna be 2 inches!
Okay so he is dead. He was dead from the beginning because he never moved. The replacement will be the same size. I think the habitat may be too big. So I'm going with this one from Jamie's Tarantula. Stupid question but I'm going to ask...will he eat through that mesh circle and get out???

Attachments

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Okay so he is dead. He was dead from the beginning because he never moved. The replacement will be the same size. I think the habitat may be too big. So I'm going with this one from Jamie's Tarantula. Stupid question but I'm going to ask...will he eat through that mesh circle and get out???
It's not a dumb question at all, because that absolutely can happen. More commonly though is that they'll get their tarsal claws stuck, which could result in a lost leg.

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
Awwww :( I'm so sorry man. Whoever you bought from needs to give you your money back for it being dead on arrival. And I would just use a deli cup. My local grocery store gave me one for free. Don't waste more money buying an enclosure.

MKG

Arachnopeon
Awwww :( I'm so sorry man. Whoever you bought from needs to give you your money back for it being dead on arrival. And I would just use a deli cup. My local grocery store gave me one for free. Don't waste more money buying an enclosure.
Thanks. They are giving me a replacement. Here is what I am going to use 4" square 5" high. Missy ;)

Attachments