HELP - Cricket Bred In My Tank!

emperorjon

Arachnopeon
had 2 emperors for about couple months now and put in 2 crickets last fortnight or maybe a week or so ago. saw the 2 crickets humping and stupidly didnt think what would come of it...... :? lots (probably around 20) minituare crickets that were white and about a mm long but haven't died yet and are now black and very cricket like. thing being is where they are so small and light they can climb the glass sides of the tank (which is now sealed with small air hole in centre of lid)

How can i prevent and also kill the baby crickets existing?

wondered whether mildly bleeched water would work and not affect the scorps? i will clean tank out if neccessary but can't be doing this every other fortnight! :eek:

help please guys.....

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
why would you wanna kill those tiny crickets? Just catch them...and do NOT use bleach as this will surely affect your emps in a negative way.

JLDomestics

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I spray a mild bleach solution in my invert tanks to keep mold away with no ill effects to the scorpions. It would probably kill the pinhead crickets as they are very sensitive. Chances are they will just die anyways.

ideas1

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ive also heard of that. Just very little bleach close enough to almost make it drinkable...Ive never tried it.

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
you are all aware that chlorine doesn't break down, right? using just a little bit each time adds up eventually and cause your scorpions enclosure to become toxic

lizmotobike

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
why don't you just drop a toilet paper tube in there. or piece of egg crate. the baby crickets will gravitate twordsit. that pick it up and shake it into the best container that will hold them for later.

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
The crickets shouldn't pose any problem to your scorps, and if there's no food supply for them, I agree with those who said they'll die before long anyway (based on pinhead experience).

you are all aware that chlorine doesn't break down, right? using just a little bit each time adds up eventually and cause your scorpions enclosure to become toxic
As far as I know, chlorine evaporates easily and the vapor should diffuse out without a problem. Am I missing something here?

JLDomestics

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Chlorine is a gas and very very very very very easily dissipates away.

I think you are referring to chloramine, which when using hypochlorite bleach can form when mixed with urine (ammonia), but it isn't as dangerous as chlorine.

2 drops of bleach in 4.5 liters of water is perfectly safe to drink.

dogeatdog

Arachnopeon
had 2 emperors for about couple months now and put in 2 crickets last fortnight or maybe a week or so ago. saw the 2 crickets humping and stupidly didnt think what would come of it...... :? lots (probably around 20) minituare crickets that were white and about a mm long but haven't died yet and are now black and very cricket like. thing being is where they are so small and light they can climb the glass sides of the tank (which is now sealed with small air hole in centre of lid)

How can i prevent and also kill the baby crickets existing?

wondered whether mildly bleeched water would work and not affect the scorps? i will clean tank out if neccessary but can't be doing this every other fortnight! :eek:

help please guys.....

If you are afraid of the little crickets stressing out your scorp you should take your scorpion out and put him in a little container and clean out the hole tank.