Help! breeding balfouri

Ivike22

Arachnosquire
I’ve put my male I just received yesterday into females enclosure.
Walked around but female didn’t respond. Then male left the enclosure.
Tried it twice same thing happened. He left.
What should I do?
Both molted a month ago.
Both eaten yesterday.

Attachments

Wolfram1

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
no guarantees from me but if that happened to me i would probably wait a month and then try again.

Sound to me like one or both aren't ready yet. Some males take a little longer until they are ready to mate.

Tarantuland

Arachnoprince
TBH I'd cohab. I cohabbed 3 males with 4 females this year and none got eaten. If you don't wanna do that, I'd just try in a week. Keep them a little extra moist. I think it's out of season for them a little but it can still work

Ivike22

Arachnosquire
Thanks guys.
Just tried again. Female ran away.
Yes,better wait a little.
They so beautiful!! At least have some nice pics.

Attachments

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Honestly, you could go however way you see fit. I would just keep trying until things work between the male and female. @Tarantuland also made a point on cohab, which some breeders do. But some people call it reckless and others call it like a communal with M. balfouri. I personally would just try again in the future until both male and female are cooperative. But that's just me and to each their own.

You've stated you got the females fairly recent? Give them time to adjust to their enclosures and keep them well fed, is the best I can say for now.

Ivike22

Arachnosquire
Honestly, you could go however way you see fit. I would just keep trying until things work between the male and female. @Tarantuland also made a point on cohab, which some breeders do. But some people call it reckless and others call it like a communal with M. balfouri. I personally would just try again in the future until both male and female are cooperative. But that's just me and to each their own.

You've stated you got the females fairly recent? Give them time to adjust to their enclosures and keep them well fed, is the best I can say for now.
I got the male recently,and female just recently molted. I think they both need some time I guess.
Even if I did cohab still needed to wait.
I really hope it’s gonna work out.
Last night they were hanging on glass in front of each other so fingers crossed.
Thanks very much ☺

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
I suggest you wait/try on repeat after giving the female time after the molt to be well fed.

Ivike22

Arachnosquire
I suggest you wait/try on repeat after giving the female time after the molt to be well fed.
Yes,I will!
Thanks 😊

Look at that guys!
I am so freaking happy.
Will put them together again after I will see fresh spermweb.
Thanks for you help!!

😍

Attachments

cold blood

Staff member
For this species there is little point in wasting time with pairing sessions...simply co hab them as already mentioned.

phillyTkeeper

Arachnopeon
Oh ok I have a 2.5 inch female I'm waiting for her to get breeding size and I have a mature male
As well