Help! Abdomen looks strange!

PiperUriija

Arachnopeon
It looks like her abdomen is... decaying? Cracking? Peeling? Usually I'd say it's because she kicked hairs but its pink underneath with some white powder looking stuff. I'm currently looking for any signs of mold and I will be cleaning out her enclosure and changing out her substrate. She is a Goliath pinktoe. It's just very concerning. Here is a video of her abdomen.

Attachments

Mustafa67

Arachnosquire
It looks like her abdomen is... decaying? Cracking? Peeling? Usually I'd say it's because she kicked hairs but its pink underneath with some white powder looking stuff. I'm currently looking for any signs of mold and I will be cleaning out her enclosure and changing out her substrate. She is a Goliath pinktoe. It's just very concerning. Here is a video of her abdomen.
Can’t watch it

PiperUriija

Arachnopeon
Can’t watch it
Screenshot_20240517_103459_Gallery.jpg

Attachments

Liquifin

Arachnoking
It's just a tarantula that has kicked off some hairs. It's completely normal from the pictures you provided.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
As other have described about, all I see is very normal occurrence!

HOITrance

Arachnosquire
I am assuming this is a Theraphosa apophysis and not Avicularia braunshauseni. Either way, it is just setae being removed. My T.apophysis was very cranky when she goes into premolt. They will also cover themselves and they area around where they will molt in their setae....I itch just looking at one of my theraphosa spp in premolt lol

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
I am assuming this is a Theraphosa apophysis and not Avicularia braunshauseni. Either way, it is just setae being removed. My T.apophysis was very cranky when she goes into premolt. They will also cover themselves and they area around where they will molt in their setae....I itch just looking at one of my theraphosa spp in premolt lol
Yep and I’d hope it’s in a terrestrial set up not enough pics . How much stronger are theraphosa spp hairs then Lasiodora? I feel itchy just looking at ops picture.

HOITrance

Arachnosquire
Yep and I’d hope it’s in a terrestrial set up not enough pics . How much stronger are theraphosa spp hairs then Lasiodora? I feel itchy just looking at ops picture.
Well, while everyone is different on how they react, it has long been believed that Theraphosa have the worst hairs out there followed by Nhandu.