Hello, First post. :-)

Mendnwngs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hiya.. Just was turned on to this website by a friend. i have a G.Rosea I "aquired" about a month ago. I have done a lot of research on the net about these guys, and hope Ill be able to take good care of him. (I think its a male, No "boxing glove" on his Pedipalps yet)

Even tho its only been a month, We were able to witness a molt (Last weekend, on sun. morning) I videotaped it, and compressed it to a 16 second vid (if anyones interested) ;)

*sigh* I guess I need to look for more spiders now.. After seeing some pics of versicolors, I want one. I thought about trying to fight addiction to yet, another hobby, Alas I would be unsucessful anyway ;)

Some of my other hobbies include: Photography (4 cameras, and I have a Home B&W darkroom) Videography (Sony Digital Videocam, and Vegas video 4 editing software) Guns (yes, Im one of "those" types :) ) and Birds. (We have 4 'tiels, and a lovebird) Also: We have about 140 Gal. total heated Aquariums, and a Ball Python (Named Tweak)

So, I Hope to learn more about these fascinating critters. So, from Myself (jason) and our Rosea (Scarf) Hiya, and Have a Great day!

-Jason

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
What's up Jason? Welcome to the forums!
I think everyone here can identify with the addictive aspect of this hobby. (I carry the weight of far too many hobbies myself) This is a great place to be for sharing knowledge/experience and everything else related to bugs. It's not the place to be if you're trying to overcome arachno-addiction. ;)

See ya.

Atrax

Bry

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Welcome to the site, Jason. Glad you used your first name in there. Didn't want to have to remember how to spell your username every time.

Bry

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hello Mendin'Wings- I like Gary Larson's sense of humour also.

Mendnwngs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Mendnwngs

(think Mending Wings)

i used to work as a Vet-Tech for an Avian Specalist, and I worked with Exotic Birds for a breeder (Did Rearing, and Training)

I Schooled for a degree in Avian Behavior. So Ive always thought myself somewhat of a "bird brain"

Hence, Mending Wings (Or Mendnwngs)

Peace

-Jason

Mendnwngs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ill tell you what i find friggin amazing,

Our Rosea looks like 3/4" (or more) Bigger than he did a week ago, Before the molt.

Thats a lot of size to put on in a week..

Pretty cool..

Oh, and hes about 4 - 4.5" now

-jason

BullF-16

Arachnopeon
Welcome, "no one can have just one" I'm pretty new also but i now have 15 differnet species. ADDICTIVE. I've had my rosey for about 6 weeks now, she just molted a week ago. Did you save the old exoskeleton, look between the front set of booklungs for a raised area or ridge. If its there its a female. Once the Male matures it will have a set of tribal hooks on the pedipalps. I think this applies to the rosey. not the case in all species though.

Last edited:

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hello and welcome to the forum, Jason, this is a very friendly forum for the most part.
there is also a San Francisco Bay Area Tarantula group that have get togethers for tarantula breedings, selling and trading, visiting, trading tips and housing tricks, etc., etc. we have members scattered all over the bay area and central california. if you are interested in joining pm me your e mail address and I will foward it to the moderator of the group.
Ed

sunnymarcie

Celestial Spider
Old Timer
Welcome to the gang:) and the addiction:p
Hobbies.............? What HOBBIES!!LOL!