heating slings in delicups?

lychas

Arachnolord
Old Timer
g'day, i would like pics on how you guys heat your slings that are in delicups, how do you do a few hundred at a time? I need pics as i'm not to good with descriptions

mwh9

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
While searching for information on heating pads I found that most people that use them place the pad on a wall near their spiders. There was no pictures though. I posted how I use mine here just yesterday but, it is heating two enclosers, not small vials. If you want to read it, do a search for the words "heating pad".

Last edited:

sweetmisery

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Is it really necesarry to heat slings? Room temp will do if Im not mistaken.

lychas

Arachnolord
Old Timer
my guys are going off food, gets down to 8c here at night so would like to keep them warmer (20c)

mwh9

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I should have also said that it is always best to not use any heating device. Something can happen and you will come home to cooked spiders. If you do not have a warmer place to keep them, at least use a thermostat controller for the heating pad.

lychas

Arachnolord
Old Timer
i use low wattage heat cord for my reptiles, even full power it doesnt get hot enough to do damage

Bothrops

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I keep all my T's at room temperature (between 20ºC-28ºC all the year)

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i have a 20 gallon, that has a heat pad attached... all my slings are in it and when it gets cold, the pads on....real simple and keeps the tank at an even temp...thats how i do it lol...hope that helps.....i like it basic...but like mentioned above slings at room temp usually do well and wouldn't worry to much unless its in the low 40*s or below....

lychas

Arachnolord
Old Timer
is it ok to use with stacked cups? The top cups dont get to cold?

Elaine

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
All my slings are in their pots inside a bigger tank with a heatmat on the back. They will be fine stacked. Mine are but I have ventilation holes around the sides of their tubs. Heat rises so the ones at the top are just as warm as the ones at the bottom.

Elaine

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
is it ok to use with stacked cups? The top cups dont get to cold?
nah..my cups are on top of each other..i have slings as well as scorplings all together and all have done fine....it ranges from rufilatas, metallicas,brachys and several nhandu's....all are developing great and molt with regularity never a prob...but thats me and i live in southern cali..so it might be different somewhere else...

lychas

Arachnolord
Old Timer
should i use a fan? if i use a big enough tank will only use 1 layer

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i mean if your that worried, i would use a thermostat..you just need a pad that is made for the size tank your going to use...like i said simple..im sure you could had a huge amount of devices but i mean whats the need...hey if you dont mind me asking what are you keeping in the cups and in a tank???

lychas

Arachnolord
Old Timer
selenocosmia, selenotypus, selenotholus etc, just aussie t's

climbingregalis

Arachnopeon
I've personally used a 25 watt red bulb and a clamp lamp...you can clamp it as high or close as you need too.