Heating pad

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
I have used a heat mat before in the winter. Where I am in the UK gets pretty cold. My problem is there's nobody here for long periods during the day and the house can get down to about 12 degrees...the heating only comes on around 6pm at night. Do you guys consider that too low for a room temp?
yes, probably too low, space heater in a smaller room will do the trick

Baby T

Arachnoknight
yes, probably too low, space heater in a smaller room will do the trick
Just checked the garage and we have one! Are they safe to leave on for long periods? Or maybe set on a timer for a few hours a day?

Albireo Wulfbooper

Arachnoprince
Just checked the garage and we have one! Are they safe to leave on for long periods? Or maybe set on a timer for a few hours a day?
Depends. Good modern ones should have an auto shutoff if it overheats. Of course any space heater must be situated properly to be safe: make sure there's nothing within a few feet of it, and that nothing can fall or be knocked into range.

Baby T

Arachnoknight
Depends. Good modern ones should have an auto shutoff if it overheats. Of course any space heater must be situated properly to be safe: make sure there's nothing within a few feet of it, and that nothing can fall or be knocked into range.
This one is only a couple of years old but looks quite cheap. Probably best to invest in a decent one. Thanks.