hearty usumbara

chaset

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well i recived my usumbara and it molted in transit, Im suprised it managed to survive, it tore up the exuvium, little bits of orange spider leg everywhere, it had me concerned, but i found a freshly molted ball of orange goodness that preceeded to run up my wall,

Hearty spiders.

its resting in its new pet pal.

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Cool,

I picked up 5ea. 3/4" Usumbara slings today. How fun is this?:D

E

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
How was it shipped? That is impressive that it could survive a molt in transit.

chaset

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
shipped

it was packed into a little plastic deli cup with moss and a paper towel inside when i opened it up there were bits up orange leg strewn about the moss and some other bits of orange that looked like the spider had been torn apart, when i dug through i found a partial intact exuvium on top of the spider,

Suprisingly the spider did not suffer any damage and bolted when there was enough room to move, The exuvium was torn up it had one hell of a struggle to get out. the spider is amazingly undamaged.

the spider is looks about 1 1/2"

chaset

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
here is a picture of the Usumbara, it really hasn't moved since i put it in the pet pal, it looks tuckered out.

Attachments

TypeO-

Arachnopeon
That's a nice pic of the usambara. I've got a big one like that, and about 70 slings, oh the humanity!

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
hey Im glad hes-she-it---is doing ok after molting on the move !

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Does no one keep the 'ordinary' colour-variant of Pterinochilus Murinus anymore ?

Exodus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I like the Orange color variant better,It makes them seem more evil.;P ;P

Ben

Valael

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I've got one of the "normal" color ones, always called it a "Dodoma baboon" though. It looks a tad bit lighter in color, though.

I also had a spider shipped to me (From Arachnocenter.com) that molted along the way -- a giant white knee sling. Came as healthy as can be, although it seems to be the slowest grower ever.

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
On moulting in transit: I had a chaco sling moult completely packed in peat in transit from GPHX. They really don't need very much room at all to moult in, and while more risky, it's not that big of a deal.