hearty and happy l. parahybana

krystal

Arachnodite
Old Timer
my 3" l. parahybana never ceases to amaze me. today i purchased 3 doz large crickets. still mourning the death of my a. geniculata, i realized i had over-bought and decided to give a full dozen to my tiny l. parahybana. i fed her first, then proceeded to feed my b. boehmei and pterror. after feeding them, i returned to my l. parah's container to find all but 2 of the crickets dead and in a pile. my first thought was that some of the crickets must have died on the trip from the store to my home and i silently cursed the blasted store. suddenly, my l. parah lept across the 5-gal pet pal to pounce on the live prey and after capturing it, she walked back to the pile of dead crickets, dropped the newly-caught cricket on top, and started laying down strands of silk. upon closer inspection of the cricket pile, i noticed quite a few oozing from their abdomens, as well as a few hints of movement here and there of those crickets clinging onto life.

my l. parahybana caught and (for the most part) killed 10 crickets in the 15 seconds it took me to feed my other two tarantulas. amazing!

and in case you were wondering, three minutes after shooting across the pet pal, she caught the remaining live cricket, too.

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I just love t's that are good eaters! :)

I give my 1" P. platyomma mature crickets, without the hind legs (they are for my 1/2" A. brocklehursti) and he eats about 1-2 a day!! He is getting kinda fat now, so I guess he'll have to go on a diet :p

Dennis

ceaser68

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i actually just bought my first parahybana . i haven't seen it much in the last few days she dug down and she peaks out once and a while. but i find that so funny considering they are ussually not shy. but my H.lividum is always in the open !

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've noticed that as they get bigger, they get bolder. Both my L. parahybana and L. difficilis are out more now that they are getting bigger.

Botar

Gregg1LE

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My parhybana, like yours, has always been a great eater. I could not have chosen a more entertaining T. In about a year, she has grown 4 inches:) . Have fun watching her.

ceaser68

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
yea but my parahybana is already 4 to 5 inchs so i'm not sure what is going on..