Healthy way to induce a molt?

Trey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well since my sweetie had a failed sac because of her damaged spinerette I figured I would go ahead and induce a molt. I don't want to harm her health. Can someone tell me exactly how I should go about this? Obviously I need to feed but how much and how often? Should I keep flooding the tank? Should I keep her hot? Is there anything else I need to know to go about this?

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Raise the temperature and feed every day to every other day. Just remember, it will shorten her lifespan. The theory is that the only have a certain number of moults during their lifetime, if they moult sooner than they would have naturally, it shortens their life.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Just do what you have been doing and she will molt when she is ready. After she plumps up again you might raise the humidity but even then it can often take a long time for those to molt again.

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
There is no way to induce a molt. Just let nature take its course.

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
yeah let her do her thing on her own.no need to try and induce a molt.all your gonna do is stress it out

treeweta

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
agreed. A moult cannot be 'induced' (only maybe by some hormonal method) as such. A moult could be retarded but certainly not induced in anyway faster than it would do under optimal conditions and that would be part of the spiders normal development.